Missoula-based cybersecurity company is seeking a passionate Cybersecurity Penetration Tester. You will not get bored in our fast-paced work environment! Successful team members strive for excellence in their role and in their personal lives by meeting challenges with a can-do attitude, but also understand life balance and the importance of fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Missoula and we encourage our team to take advantage!
To learn more about how you may be able to fit into our team please see the responsibilities and requirements listed below. If you think you are our ideal candidate apply today!
- Conducting tests on networks and applications: Design and conduct tests to break into networks, computer systems and web-based applications to look for vulnerabilities. This includes penetration tests, red team tests, vulnerability assessments, web application assessments and more.
- Social engineering tests: Conduct remote and onsite assessments of the "human firewall," using phishing, phone, and physical methods (onsite currently suspended due to COVID).
- Security assessments: Conduct security, network and cloud assessments to evaluate how well an organizations system conforms to a set of established criteria. This will help pinpoint ways that attackers could exploit weaknesses in security systems.
- Writing security assessment reports: While conducting your research and tests, you will have to document your findings, write security reports, and discuss solutions with IT and management teams. Develop meaningful metrics to reflect the true posture of the environment allowing the organization to make educated decisions based on risk.
- Innovation: Cybersecurity is constantly changing. A key part of your role is innovating new methods of penetration testing, keeping existing services up-to-date, and developing new penetration testing services.
- Automating and increasing efficiency: Support team efforts to leverage tools and develop effective processes for automating components of testing and report generation.
- Prior to COVID, this position required 25% travel. Currently all consultants are working remotely and not traveling. We do expect to see some travel required as part of this position in the future.
- 1-3 years experience as an IT or cybersecurity professional preferred, or 1 year of experience in a cybersecurity role as an LMG Security intern
- Familiar with vulnerability scanning, discovery, and remediation
- Strong UNIX command-line skills
- Strong understanding of Windows and Active Directory
- Social engineering, coding proficiency, code review and threat hunting experience desirable Red teaming experience extremely desirable
- College degree required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude
- Proven ability to take initiative and follow-through on projects independently
- Effective and efficient time management and ability to multitask
- Willingness to learn new technologies and grow
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Cybersecurity: 1 year (Preferred)