D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive engagement that make our companies and each of us better. Just as we work to improve our clients’ financial well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
The Computer Support Manager manages all personnel activities of the IT Service Desk and oversees the coordination of the work activities in assisting employees with hardware and software questions and problems. In addition, the position works closely with other IT & Business leaders to ensure that business needs are understood, prioritized, and properly supported.
* Four-year college degree and/or significant related work experience.
* Prior management experience.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Excellent problem solving skills is an acceptable substitute for formal computer help desk experience.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of software packages and their applications to include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone.
* Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
* Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
* Ability to travel as needed.
* Proficient computer skills (working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
* Follow policies and procedures. Maintain client confidentiality.
1. Provide oversite of IT Service Desk. Work with Computer Support Lead to ensure work is completed in an accurate and timely manner to include:
* Ensure incidents are resolved in timely manner and professional manner
* Identify the cause of problems and following through to resolution.
* Communicating with co-workers to research problems and find a resolution.
* Ensure that new hire computers are profiled correctly and set up in a timely manner.
* Ensure Support desk is properly staffed and assigned projects are planned and completed correctly.
2. Work closely with company business units and their respective branches to ensure that the business needs are understood and that prioritized incidents and requests are resolved in a timely manner.
3. Manage and coordinate lifecycle of Davidson owned IT equipment.
* Work with Systems to determine appropriate specifications needed for desktops and laptops.
* Work with vendors to ensure needed inventory is available for upcoming year
* Determine staffing needs and schedule to deploy new equipment as required
* Assist branches in disposing of out dated/unused IT equipment
* Ensure that all incoming equipment is inventoried and tracked appropriately
* Ensure that all replaced equipment is disposed of properly and in a timely fashion
* Ensure that all Davidson IT workspaces are kept in a professional and clean manner.
4. Manage the lifecycle of software.
* Work with business units to determine software needs
* Ensure that software maintenance/licenses are updated annually
5. Oversee the lifecycle of printer management and procurement.
* Work with vendor and business to determine best printer model based on needs
* Work to ensure all firmware updates and printer policies are installed on equipment
* Record and report on all budgetary savings or cost increases to IT Infrastructure Director.
6. Oversee the Purchase Order and Accounts Payable workflow within the IT Infrastructure.
* Work with vendors and IT Managers to ensure that purchases and invoices are processed in a timely fashion
7. Serve as primary administrator for Enghouse/Touchpoint Call Center and Ivanti Service Desk software.
* Build all new users in Enghouse, ensure Holidays are update, lead troubleshooting efforts when problems arise with software.
* Ensure that analysts have correct access in Ivanti Service Desk Console. Serve as liaison with vendor and lead software enhancements and troubleshooting efforts when problems arise with software.
8. Work with other technology team members to pass on issues and recommend changes.
9. Update operations manuals and support documentation to ensure staff is current on policies and procedures.
10. Assist in the management and support of any information technology related projects, assets, procedures or applications.
11. Perform any other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.