Join the growing and dynamic team at Vision Net as the new Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician
About Vision Net
For over 26 years, Vision Net has provided innovative IT and Telecommunications services to businesses in Montana and around the nation. Many of our employees have built their careers at Vision Net, having worked here for more than 10 years. We are proud of the opportunities we provide to our employees; we invest in our people and communities to create better outcomes for all. As a leading Montana company, Vision Net has built our reputation on honesty, integrity, and the rural values that have guided our business since 1995. Vision Net has won awards based on our community investment and innovation.
Vision Net benefits
Vision Net offers great benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401k, generous sick leave, vacation, and personal time, and a group life insurance plan for employees and their dependents.
Vision Net perks
Vision Net offers a company culture like no other!
- Employee events including BBQs, lunches, and friendly competitions
- Community involvement opportunities
- Wellness program that provides one-on-one health consultation for employees and their family members
- Ongoing training opportunities to help you build your career
- Vision Net provides a dynamic work environment that encourages change, innovation, and creative problem solving
- Life in Montana is an adventure! With 2 National Parks, big-city culture, and a high quality of life, life under the Big Sky is as good as it gets
- Vision Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Summary: This an entry-level position that is responsible for day-to-day operations related to business class technical support services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Alarm monitoring using various software platforms
- Answer all support requests, troubleshoot or escalate as required.
- Troubleshoot various issues including but not limited to:
- Network and transport support services
- Business and residential telecommunication troubleshooting and escalations
- Vision Net video conferencing solutions
- PSAP/911 technical support
- DNS, e-mail, and web hosting services
- Maintain timely response to all customer support request.
- Provide accurate and detailed ticketing notes and e-mails including but not limited to:
- Initial issue
- Escalations and resolutions
- All troubleshooting steps
- Updating team leads, supervisors, and managers on all critical issues including outages
- Promptly and accurately sending out maintenance notifications
- Dispatching to customer sites with or without supervision. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting customer network, computers, servers, and software.
- Installing/maintaining physical layer
- Management assigned projects/tasks that include but are not limited to:
- Departmental Training
- Documentation Update/Clarification
- Expected mandatory overtime to complete maintenance, development, training, or extended troubleshooting.
- Initiative and drive to complete project assignments
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities to meet any customer contractual obligations or Vision Net operational duties assigned by a team lead, supervisor, or manager.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of:
- Network and transport infrastructure
- DNS, e-mail, web hosting basics
- Business and residential telecommunication services
- Multitask numerous issues at the same time.
- Organizational proficiency
- Professionalism in all written and verbal communications
- Provide excellent customer service and business class support.
- Work independently and within a team environment
- Effectively research technical support solutions using analytical and critical thinking.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain confidentiality of company information and records when required.
- Create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
- Currently has or can obtain a valid Montana driver s license within a reasonable amount of time from hire date. A safe driving record and the ability to be insured under the company insurance policy is required.
- Consistently perform with integrity and accountability
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Associates degree in information technology or 2 years of experience in a Technical Assistance Support environment.
Physical and Other Requirements:
This position will require 8 to 12-hour shifts, scheduling flexibility, weekend and overnight shifts. The Vision Net NOC is a small team of specialized individuals and every team member is counted on to be in attendance on a regular basis. Tardiness and poor attendance disrupt workflow, place additional burdens on co-workers and jeopardize quality customer service. For these reasons, tardiness and poor attendance cannot be tolerated.
Learn more about Vision Net and apply today!