Who We Are
Granite Technology Solutions is a Montana based company with locations in Bozeman, Missoula, and Kalispell. Founded in 2000, we employ thirty plus individuals, and have an established customer base of approximately 1200 businesses. We are a full-service technology company focusing on information technology systems and networks, low-voltage structured cabling and fiber optics, phone systems, surveillance camera systems, and door access systems.
The team at Granite Technology Solutions is focused on a single, fundamental goal: to deliver outstanding service and value to our clients when they need it.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join a team of other motivated, hardworking and customer service-oriented individuals. This is a full-time position with great benefits and flexible time off. Please apply if interested in joining our team!
The Cable Technician works largely unsupervised to deliver moderately complex client low voltage cable plants. This position oversees installs, configures, tests, and maintains client low voltage cable plants, door access and surveillance systems.
· Documents work and network configurations.
· Mentors Associate Cable Technicians.
· Develops proposals for moderately complex cable plants with minimal supervision.
· Achieves 60-85% average billable productivity and enters billable time daily.
· Assists with IT/Network related projects.
· Performs other cable related tasks as requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Must be able to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction.
· Must have effective interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work effectively with clients one-on-one.
· Must have above average technical skills in cabling systems and manufacture/industry cabling standards.
· Must be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic.
· Must be dependable, reliable and exhibit a calm, professional demeanor.
· Must have strong organization skills.
· Must be able to work under pressure and deadlines.
· Associate’s degree in related technical field or prior equivalent experience approved by management.
· Minimum of three years experience with low voltage and fiber optic cabling required.
· This position is expected to achieve BICSI and manufacturer specific certifications.
· Work is routinely performed offsite in various client locations; a valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
· Work may be performed inside and outdoors.
· Work involves pulling cable, bending, crawling, and maneuvering in tight spaces on a regular basis.
· Work involves lifting and carrying 60 pounds on a regular basis.
· Work involves lifting, carrying, and climbing a twelve-foot extension ladder.
· Overtime may be required on short notice and may involve weekend work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $29.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Multiple Locations