The Lead User Experience Researcher leads high quality qualitative, quantitative, and experimental studies to understand the user and their needs, motivations and behaviors. By planning, conducting, analyzing, and communicating the results of studies, Lead User Experience Researchers build deep understanding among Product Managers, User Experience Designers, and Software Engineers to help build and optimize innovative, usable, and useful products that people want to use.
- Coaches and mentors User Researchers and other members of the User Experience team
- Drives strategy and execution of user research across groups of product teams
- Partners with product leadership to ensure best practices of research and data driven decision making are followed
- Provides research leadership to a set of products or opportunities of vital importance to Workiva strategy
Designs and Conducts Research:
- Reviews research plans and offers consulting on best practices of user research
- Provides leadership and ownership of the collection of analytics on user behavior through online experiments (A/B testing), observation, and surveys
- Coordinates research studies by, planning, collecting data, analyzing, and communicating insights across multiple teams
- Collaborates with User Experience Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to discover and prioritize opportunities with new and existing products, in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Enforces consistency in the development and management of research plans and schedules for product teams by helping set best practices
- Leverages a broad range of user research techniques to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and the way they work
- Delegates tasks in collaboration with team management to distribute work effectively
- Leverages evaluation techniques to identify key usability needs, and to help refine previously implemented features
Interprets and Presents Insights:
- Organizes, interprets, and presents data clearly and serves as point of contact for key decision makers
- Leads team members and stakeholders to explore new approaches that will provide optimal feedback
- Analyzes, synthesizes and communicates test/research results advocate for user centered product improvements
- Partners with leadership to inform product strategy and tie business outcomes to reliable insights
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Highly skilled in a range of research methods
- Ability to guide others in defining research fundamentals regardless of method
- Ability to work well and help coordinate a cross-functional team
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to evangelize your research
- Ability to anticipate needs developing a deep understanding of business goals
- Ability to develop research goals and strategy in alignment with company goals
- 6+ years experience in leading user experience research in industry, a SaaS product company is highly preferred
- Extensive experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Proven experience turning research insights into actionable user centered design and product goals
- Experience working in a Lean UX / Agile environment
- Experience working in a senior role with a geographically distributed team
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded:
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: 130,000 - 173,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more about the company: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment. Effective October 18, 2021, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to visit any Workiva office, attend in-person meetings, or travel for business purposes.