"INNOVATIVE AND RESOURCEFUL PROFESSIONALS PROVIDING POSITIVE CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCES AND CREATING PROUD CLIENTS, EMPLOYEES AND COMMUNITIES"
- Full Time, Hourly Position
- Health Insurance – Premiums are paid 100% by Jackson for you and your family – including medical, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance.
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan – Contributions paid 100% by Jackson, instant vesting.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Bonus Program
- 50/50 Harness & Prescription Safety Glass Financial Assistance
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Carpenter Apprenticeship Program
- Year-Round Work
- Subsistence provided when working out of town.
- And much more!
To see more benefits offered, please refer to our Careers page.
The Foreman is responsible to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, with the support of a Project Superintendent, it is the Foreman’s responsibility to understand and deliver Jackson Contractor Group’s (Jackson) contractual obligations in a manner that is consistent with Jackson’s corporate culture and core values.
- Before assigning a craft employee to any job, new or repetitive, give them a safety task assignment that is showing and explaining to him/her the safety and health precautions and actions that must be taken before proceeding with the task. Clearly instruct each craft employee and follow through to see that all instructions are clearly understood and followed by each of your workers.
- Conduct a weekly safety meeting with crew(s) with a subject pertinent to the job at hand.
- Plan the various aspects of the project ahead of time to get tools, materials and all proper personal protective equipment to do the job safely.
- Actively participate in the development of all Job Hazard Analyses and attend all Preparatory Meetings that will in any way involve your area of responsibility on this project.
- Ensure materials, tools, and equipment are used properly and regularly inspected according to Jackson’s standards. Make sure all tools and equipment are in safe operating condition before the task is allowed to begin.
- Stop and correct any unsafe conditions or acts. Assist in the creation and maintenance of an injury-free work environment at Jackson’s project sites.
- Handle all interactions with coworkers, subcontractors, clients, the public, etc. in a manner designed to build and maintain long term relationships.
- Go the extra mile to ensure the project is successful and with complete satisfaction of the client by double checking all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
- Complete all tasks with a pride of ownership.
- Never stop improving by initiating personal development strategies and suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, punctuality and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to read and understand project documents such as plans, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Must be able to understand labor, material and subcontract costs.
- Preferred experience with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
- SWPPP, CESCL or equivalent certification is encouraged
- OSHA 30 training is encouraged
- OSHA Certified is encouraged
- Current CPR/AED certificate
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principle job elements essential for making compensation decisions. This job description may be edited as necessary.