Crowley Fleck PLLP is a premier regional law firm with eleven offices located throughout Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming. The firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
Our Billings, Montana office is currently seeking a Intake Department Manager.
The Intake Department Manager is responsible for the oversite of the Intake department personnel, procedures, and work output. They also handle new case setup, processes conflict of interest requests, and other tasks as needed to support the intake group.
- Performs tasks related to conflict of interest checks, including but not limited to:
- Running conflict searches on all parties related to new matters.
- Verifying with conflict if the client is new or existing.
- Verifying information entered in the new matter is correct.
- Correcting information as needed and resolving matter discrepancies.
- Performs tasks related to intake of new matters, including but not limited to:
- Verifying that all required information is present in the new matter entry, such as an address, phone number or email, etc.
- Verifying that the attorney listed and SIC code for a new client is correct and any discrepancies are resolved.
- Verifying the spelling of all parties' information and emailing the matter file copy where required by the client to accounting and assistant as needed.
- Assigns client and matter numbers.
- Responsible for properly saving the client and matter information in iManage.
- After running a conflict check, adds new related parties to existing matters as requested.
- Works with other firm members to resolve matter discrepancies where identified.
- Responsible for running the daily new case report and case assignments from the previous day and distributing them to the appropriate parties, ensuring the accuracy of all information, and excluding matters as appropriate.
- Reopens files as requested in accordance with the reopen policies.
- Makes changes to client/billing addresses as needed.
- Responsible for working directly with in-house counsel to seek guidance on appropriately handling conflict of interests.
- Oversees the work of the Intake Managers.
- Directs assigned tasks and assists as needed.
- Provides education, vision, and leadership to department staff.
- Evaluates department staffing needs; interviews prospective employees and chooses the best applicant based on skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the job.
- Implements training for new hires and identifies training opportunities for current department staff.
- Handles discipline and termination of department employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Conducts performance evaluations for department staff; provides ongoing performance feedback to staff as warranted.
- Minimum of seven years of progressive supervisor and management experience.
- A combination of experience, education, and certifications to demonstrate proficiency in managing business operations, processes, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, and other similar software.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Valid driver’s license.
This job posting is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.