We’re seeking a Data Engineer to help improve and expand our advertising intelligence software. You should be team-oriented, love problem solving, and believe in leveraging the best tools and technologies to solve problems.
The Data Engineering & Analytics team is responsible for data extraction/loading, data transformation, and data modeling for analytics queries. As a Data Engineer, you will be working closely with other developers of the Data Engineering & Analytics team and the other engineering teams to deliver accurate and timely data for use within the Lumenad platform.
Knowledge of and experience with ETL/ELT data pipelines and data warehousing are essential. An understanding of distributed computing concepts, design patterns, and best practices is crucial.
Headquarters in Missoula, MT. Offices in Bozeman, MT and Brno, Czech Republic
Remote friendly hybrid work model.
- Build and maintain data pipelines for extraction, loading, and transformation of advertising data
- Suggest, design, and code appropriate data handling patterns and techniques
- Work in a team environment (successful teams = successful products)
- Build scalable and maintainable software to support features and products
- Create and maintain automated tests - unit and integration
- And other duties as needed to evolve this position
- 3+ years of experience working in data engineering
- Working knowledge of data warehouses (Snowflake preferred)
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Understanding of and experience with virtualization environments, containers, and orchestration tools (Docker/Kubernetes preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing environments as it relates to serverless applications (AWS Lambda preferred)
- Experience with source control (Git preferred), branching methodologies, and multiple developers working on a project
- Communicative English
- Team player
- Alignment with Lumenad’s Core Values:
- Be inclusive
- Challenge yourself and others
- Be radically transparent
- Iterate to success, fast
- Have an impact
Skills and Experiences
- Experience with data pipeline tools such as Fivetran, dbt, Airflow, and data warehousing
- Experience or working knowledge of NoSQL such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB
- Understanding of the Agile development methodology
- Experience in the AdTech or MarTech industries
- Experience with ETL/ELT (extract/transform/load, extract/load/transform) processes and tools
- Knowledge of Linux and server-side infrastructure to support web applications
- Ability to work effectively with legacy code while migrating to new paradigms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Founded in 2014, Lumenad is a software company whose technology enables marketers to be more agile, strategic and transparent with how they manage media spend. We call it Advertising Intelligence software; It uses a method validated by industry experts that streamlines ad data organization, standardization and insights. As a result, marketers can access and fully understand historical, current and future views of ad campaigns. With Advertising Intelligence, you can act on insights to more smartly manage media spend.
Commitment to Inclusivity
Lumenad recognizes and values the impact that diversity in background, experiences, culture, and identity brings to our company. Lumenad is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, gender identity, disability, and any other classification, rather we celebrate these differences. We encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and gender diverse people to apply and we prioritize creating a safe and inclusive workplace for all individuals.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off & 12 paid holidays annually
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits with generous company contribution
- 401k with 4% company match
- Hybrid workplace with in office, flexible and remote options
- Dog friendly offices
- Employee Assistance Program with up to 8 free counseling sessions
- 2 months of paid parental leave
- Weekly virtual yoga