About Vision Net
For over 26 years, Vision Net has provided innovative IT and Telecommunications services to businesses in Montana and around the nation. Many of our employees have built their careers at Vision Net, having worked here for more than 10 years. We are proud of the opportunities we provide to our employees; we invest in our people and communities to create better outcomes for all. As a leading Montana company, Vision Net has built our reputation on honesty, integrity, and the rural values that have guided our business since 1995. Vision Net has won awards based on our community investment and innovation.
Vision Net benefits
Vision Net offers great benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401k, generous sick leave, vacation, and personal time, and a group life insurance plan for employees and their dependents.
Vision Net perks
Vision Net offers a company culture like no other!
- Employee events including BBQs, lunches, and friendly competitions
- Community involvement opportunities
- Wellness program that provides one-on-one health consultation for employees and their family members
- Ongoing training opportunities to help you build your career
- Vision Net provides a dynamic work environment that encourages change, innovation, and creative problem solving
- Life in Montana is an adventure! With 2 National Parks, big-city culture, and a high quality of life, life under the Big Sky is as good as it gets
- Vision Net is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IT Technician/Network Technician
This position is responsible for supporting the Corporate IT infrastructure at Vision Net. Additionally, this position will be trained in the operations of Vision Net’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), intranet, and Internet systems. This position will work with other qualified professionals to provide 24/7 network support.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and support computer Operating systems (Windows and Apple) for users
- Install, configure, and support corporate printers for users
- Install, configure, and support corporate approved software for users
- Install, configure, and support Microsoft 365 suite
- Assist in the Installation, configuration, maintenance, update, and support of the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), intranet, and Internet systems, according to guidelines.
- Maintain and monitor network hardware and software. Test and monitor network hardware performance and keep software and hardware current.
- Perform necessary maintenance to support network availability to all system users.
- Coordinate and implement network security measures at all levels of network entry. Provide LAN/WAN Internet security and firewall protection. Maintain, and be prepared to implement, emergency and disaster recovery process.
- Provide support to all customers while maintaining close coordination with management and other departments and customers. Provide support and training to other internal departments as needed.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required to fulfill job function or as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General office practices and procedures.
- Computer function and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of and ability to install, configure and troubleshoot approved VPN client software
- Map network drives
- Troubleshoot printer issues
- Troubleshoot wireless connectivity issues
- Assist corporate users with computer, printer, phone, or software related issues
- Write original material, edit, proofread, and finalize written material. Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Visio.
- Operate various types of office equipment such as a computer, copy machine, fax machine and multi-line telephone.
- Work independently and within a team.
- Promote products and services effectively.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Montana driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable under the Company insurance policy.
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and in speaking, with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a courteous, tactful, diplomatic, and professional manner.
- Demonstrate time-management skills to be organized and working completely and accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Work in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of company information and records when required.
- Perform with integrity and accountability at all times.
- Travel to remote locations for work with scheduled and non-scheduled notice
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to the following education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of network experience
- Associates degree in information technology or related field preferred
Learn more about Vision Net and apply today!