The Compass Intern will support the Community Manager in the daily management of Foundant’s online community, Compass, by learning its features and functionalities, moderating discussions, observing member interactions, tracking metrics and data trends, composing newsletters, and identifying new opportunities for the community to support Foundant’s impact on the philanthropic sector. The Compass Intern will immerse themselves in community management strategies via virtual learning opportunities and community management forums.
The ideal candidate for this role will have an interest in psychology and human behavior, enthusiasm for developing community management strategies, and the ability to encourage engagement amongst community members. Attention to detail is a must, as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and adhere to rolling project deadlines. Strong writing/editing skills are required, and the ability to identify data trends would be beneficial. This position reports to the Community Manager, but will work cross-departmentally with nearly every other Foundant team in some form.
Compass Intern Responsibilities:
Additional Candidate Traits:
· Interest in psychology and human behavior
· A “people connector” - ability to connect people with common interests and experiences
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while adhering to rolling deadlines
· Strong communication and writing/editing skills
· Ability to learn new technology quickly
· Attention to detail