onX is a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation. With offices in Missoula and Bozeman, Montana, we are inspired by the landscapes that surround us. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day with a singular goal–to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We do this by developing industry-leading technology, and by crafting dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, tech-forward environment where ownership and accountability are essential.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a Manager of Operations with a passion for creating productive, exciting, creative, and fun workplaces. As the onX Operations Manager, you will “manage the atoms” in the technology business and ensure that facilities, vehicles, equipment, and inventory are all driving innovation and improving onX customers’ experience. Your work will span all of onX’s teams, functions, and locations, helping ensure everyone can work as seamlessly as possible. This position provides a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, growing company focused on making an impact on the business and all dimensions of company operations. This position will require creativity, independent problem solving, excellent judgment, comfort with budgeting and financial controls, and skillful people management. This person will report to the CFO.
The best candidates will be experts in finding leverage points within existing systems. They will marry innovation and creativity with logical rigor and attention to detail. These candidates will value and understand how the operational nuts and bolts can empower teams–-and ultimately awaken the adventurer in everyone.
Missoula, MT required. Generous relocation assistance is available for qualified hires who are available to relocate.
(Essential Job Duties)
- Communicate effectively with teammates across the organization, including executives.
- Represent the operations team in internal meetings and to external parties as needed.
- Supervise and manage company facilities:
- Monitor construction and outfitting of the new office building in Missoula and potentially other locations when needed.
- Think creatively about facilities usage and help plan, organize, and outfit workspaces to accomplish company goals.
- Guide renovations and building furnishings for existing offices, including maintaining budgets, coordinating repairs and replacement, etc.
- Supervise and schedule cleaning and repairs (snow removal services, HVAC service, landscaping services, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Employee Experience and Information Technology teams to manage building access.
- Work with facilities owners to help define and administer lease agreements and tenant improvement projects.
- Coordinate company-wide safety programs that ensure all facilities are free of unnecessary hazards and that the workplace is safe for all employees and visitors.
- Administer various facilities-related policies and practices (e.g., dog policies, etc.).
- Manage the onX vehicle fleet, including the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Schedule regular and preventative maintenance and maintain quality assurance.
- Administer scheduling and reservations of company vehicles.
- Ensure all vehicles maintain current registration and have required documentation.
- Work with the finance and operations team to secure appropriate vehicle insurance.
- Effect the purchase and sale of vehicles and vehicle accessories as needed.
- Define and administer any required training or qualifications to use specialized vehicles (e.g., off-road-specific vehicles, etc.).
- Maintain accountability for the condition of all vehicles.
- Serve as the designated point of contact for all matters relating to vehicles.
- Plan and budget capital expenditures:
- Identify required facilities and vehicle expenditures.
- Match capital expenditures to company priorities and objectives while operating within reasonable budgetary constraints.
- Maintain long-term capital budgeting for vehicles and facilities.
- Forecast expected replacement and repair expenses.
- Supervise workplace coordinators:
- Help the on-site workplace coordinators develop the policies and routines that make working in onX offices productive, exciting, creative, and fun.
- Bring different parties together to support the workplace coordinators’ efforts.
- Help measure office utilization, administer occupancy guidelines, and define calendaring and workplace reservation systems.
- Use the leadership of this team to help develop an operations-focused career path at the company.
- Supervise logistics team
- Maintain ultimate accountability for shipping and receiving.
- Assist the logistics coordinator in inventory production and management as needed.
- Engage company leadership in long-term strategic planning for logistics and operations.
- Manage company-owned gear
- Administer the company’s gear inventory and loan program.
- Ensure inventory is stored, tracked, and maintained in good condition.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of facilities, operations, or similar experience required
- A minimum of two (2) years of people management experience required
- Proven ability to multi-task with experience managing multiple deliverables and projects
- Light maintenance and mechanical experience and knowledge
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts
- Exposure to software development
- Outdoor industry experience
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - Some travel between Missoula and Bozeman anticipated
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of four or six weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience, and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring, and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Position open until filled
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer