General Profile: We are looking for a candidate that is a multi-faceted, high performance individual that can think beyond the sol scope of chemistry to address the many issues that arise in chemical manufacturing. Candidates would need to be prepared to absorb to in-depth knowledge and experience of polymer formulation, blending processes, scaleup and production. Candidates would need to have a strong work ethic, capable of working independently, and is comfortable only receiving guidance in only complex situations.
Designing, execute, interpreted, scale and present new polymeric formulations for production. Troubleshoot product quality issues arising from chemical processing or synthesis during scale-up process development. Feasibility testing of new chemical processes and participation in design of production equipment. Test new chemical processes on small scale to show feasibility and then poise the results for volume scale-up.
- A strong background in polymer formulation development and manufacturing.
- Have working expertise on chemical blending, process scale-up, chemical reactions, chemical analysis and chemical production.
- Have solid working experience in Rheology, GCMS, NMR, FTIR, ICP-MS, LPC and other analytical techniques to characterize the properties of polymeric organic compounds.
- Production Management Software experience.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Interface with both internal and external customers as a Technical Expert
- Learn, Grow and Take Responsibility of the assigned process and report as the technical focal on the project
- Play a leading role in establishing methods and procedures for newly formulated chemistries.
- Strong project management skill and the ability to understand, plan, analyses and execute to the end goal of a high performance, manufacturable chemical product.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information in clear and concise manner; works to build consensus.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Graduate Degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Applied Physics, Materials Science and Chemical Engineering
Experience: 0-3 Year- Entry Level