Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of Make Possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for the next step in your future, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
The Accommodations Specialist will be primarily responsible for managing employees’ and applicants’ requests for reasonable accommodations. This role will primarily manage US religious and disability accommodation requests, including facilitating the interactive process among appropriate stakeholders and ensuring that reasonable accommodations are provided timely, efficiently and effectively in accordance with state and federal law (e.g., the Americans with Disabilities Act, California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and the Civil Rights Act), as well as company policies. The Accommodation Specialist works closely with the business site, Corporate Legal, EHS, and Leave of Absence departments on coordination of requests and communication with employees and management regarding short and long-term ADA accommodations. Additionally, this role will serve as the central corporate point of contact overseeing religious accommodations worldwide.
This position can be located anywhere in the USA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform case management and coordinate the accommodation process for end-to-end case management, including working with HR, the employee, vendors, work location, and other stakeholders
- Provide support and guidance while performing activities related to short term and long-term accommodations for employees at work or returning to work for medical-based accommodations, including review and consistent treatment of extension of leaves of absence as an accommodation
- Develop transitional work assignment or long-term accommodation within position based on restrictions as well as available tasks
- Communicate the transition work assignment plan or accommodation to the associate and obtain their agreement
- Coordinate the return to work, accommodations, and transitional work assignment program monitoring
- Act as liaison between our third-party administrators, HR, EH&S, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, employees and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Educate employees and HR on complicated aspects of return to work, accommodations, and complex case processes
- Provide guidance, assess risk, resolve issues, and escalate as appropriate for employees, managers and HR
- Escalate complex issues including inability to accommodate, complex cases, and transitional work programs for guidance
- Develop template forms and letters to document the various stages of the accommodation process
- Draft global accommodation policies and procedures
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Develop and maintain global accommodations tracking system
- Compile and analyze data on accommodation requests
- Implement and administer a job search process for employees that cannot be accommodated
- Provide training to HR Business partners and managers on legal requirements and the company’s accommodation process
- Guide local HR Business partners to ensure religious accommodations worldwide are supported globally
- 8+ years of work experience in a related field
- At least 3 years experience in corporate accommodations
- Accommodations within manufacturing is a plus
- Compliance experience very helpful
- BA/BS degree