Zoot Adventure Learning Academy is now accepting applications for a full-time Early Childhood Float Teacher. The Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for collaborating with the Early Childhood Lead Teacher in all five classrooms to plan, create, and implement a program that fulfills children’s educational, developmental, cognitive, emotional and social needs. Under direct supervision of the Early Childhood Lead Teacher, the Early Childhood Teacher will carry out daily activities and plans. He or she will provide guidance for children’s behavior. This position will provide teaching assistance in all five classrooms (infant, toddler, and pre-school) as needed.
Zoot Adventure Learning Academy (ZALA) is a company based child care center in Bozeman, Montana passionate about offering an environment where families thrive. Serving infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, ZALA believes in an innovative, play-based approach. Promoting a healthy family bond is the heart of ZALA’s mission and employees will find a unique partnership with the Centers’ families. We’re seeking individuals to ignite child-centered learning experiences in a safe, nurturing, and responsive environment.
Through our play-based approach, ZALA emphasizes self-worth, capability, problem solving, and school readiness. We work hard to assist children in developing the social emotional skills needed to work and play cooperatively. Our goal is to help every child realize their greatest potential. We encourage children to be self-directed in our safe, trusting, and responsive environment. Before children can master formal academic skills in a meaningful way, they must have a solid understanding of how the physical world works. In order to build that understanding, children need to see, touch, smell, hear, taste, and experience the world by direct interactions and experiences!
- This position will be scheduled for 40 hours per week Monday - Friday.
Essential Job Functions
Education, Training, and Experience
- Assist in preparing the child care environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies, and organizing special events from set up to tear down.
- Maintain and provide support to assigned classrooms and lesson plan implementation as assigned by Lead Teacher.
- Provide break coverage for the lead teachers for lunch or lesson planning by stepping into each classroom as necessary while carrying out classroom schedules and activities as instructed.
- Respond to the children with dignity and respect.
- Help children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
- General knowledge of child care skills such as but not limited to diaper changes, toilet use, bottle and solid food feeding, naps, etc.
- General cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting of the childcare center as necessary.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to center at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings, recommended training programs, and conferences.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all records of the children, families, and staff.
- Report any suspect abuse to Child Protective Services immediately.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment per program goals and state regulations.
- Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials.
- Keep all appropriate records such as, attendance and time sheets.
- Meet and maintain all applicable licensing regulations as required for Early Childhood Educators in a state-licensed center.
- Comply with knowledge of ZALA’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned - it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
- One year of experience in an early childhood program such as a day care center, a family or group day care home, Headstart, Early Headstart, or another recognized preschool program.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Education or a related field preferred.
- Have sufficient language skills to communicate with children and adults.
- Provide current record of the following immunizations:
- Tetanus (within the past 10 years)
- MMR (measles/mumps/rubella)
- Obtain Infant/Child/Adult CPR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to successfully pass state regulated background screening including criminal record, Child & Adult Protective Services, FBI fingerprinting, motor vehicle records, and sign a health attestation.
- Willing to complete 16 hours of annual, approved training.
- Valid Driver License with clean driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organization and attention to detail along with the ability to multitask.
- All positions at ZALA require the ability to move about inside a classroom environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery in addition to standard classroom materials, frequent written and verbal communications and interactions with children, parents, caregivers, other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors, and time spent outdoors.
- This position specifically requires the ability to bend, stoop, and kneel, walking, standing, sit on the floor, and lifting up to 40lbs and participating in all variety of physical activities that take place in a child care setting.
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman, Montana
- Casual Attire
- On-site Cafeteria
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- On-site Fitness Center
- Underground Parking
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- MDLive (Teledoc Services)
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Fitness, & Nutrition
For consideration, all applicants must upload his or her current resume and a cover letter discussing the candidate's interest in the role during the online application process.
Additionally, all candidates must send three (3) letters for recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoot Adventure Learning Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at email@example.com.