- Can safely operate a CNC Mill or CNC Lathe performing complex operations in producing prototype parts, production parts, modifications and repairs to existing parts and assemblies, and/or fabricating parts from steels, stainless steels, aluminum, plastics and other non-metals.
- Supports in-house customers, such as manufacturing, engineering, business units, direct/indirect materials, and facilities. Portrays a customer service approach. Interfaces effectively and courteously with customers.
- Utilizes Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions to determine machining process, procedures, tooling and fixtures requirements.
- Performs a variety of machining and/or assembly tasks utilizing standard machine shop equipment, such as surface grinders, drill presses, grinders, sanders, band saws, rotary table, and/or standard band and power tools.
- Plans and performs complex machine set-ups. Possesses a good working knowledge of trigonometry, which is required to accurately calculate angles used in set-ups and machining. Makes full use of machine capacity to minimize amount of machining or number of set-ups required to product parts competitively.
- Performs machining operations, such as milling, turning, facing, boring, chasing single and multiple external and internal threads, drilling, grooving, reaming and chamfering. Monitor machines and verify that part dimensions conform to specifications.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections to verify compliance with specifications. Uses calipers, micrometers, gauges, indicators, and other inspection tools. Performs rework as necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness of the work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment, and stock to prevent loss. Conforms to departmental safety requirements.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.