onX is a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation. With offices in Missoula and Bozeman, Montana, we are inspired by the landscapes that surround us. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day with a singular goal–to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We do this by developing industry-leading technology, and by crafting dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, tech-forward environment where ownership and accountability are essential.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a creative and analytical Social Community Marketing Manager and ambassador/influencer marketer to accelerate the impact of social media on onX Backcountry’s growing product and business. You will be charged with significantly scaling onX Backcountry’s social following and engagement as well as bringing new customers to onX. You will be the point person responsible for all organic social media channels, micro ambassadors, and content management.
For this position, we expect you to be a data-driven, tech-savvy professional with experience leading in mid-size organizations with an in-depth understanding of the outdoor industry and of how technology can help us achieve our business goals. You will report to the GTM Owner of onX Backcountry.
Missoula, MT or Bozeman, MT preferred. Remote from onX's talent centers (WA, OR, UT, CO, and TX) will be considered for highly qualified candidates.
(Essential Job Duties)
- Plan and execute all social media content on all active channels (onX Backcountry, Adventure Projects and Outdoor Project); create and manage the social media calendar based on the vertical’s product marketing priorities and broader cultural trends.
- Partner with the creative team on creative needs (from ideation to approval) for all channels.
- Collaborate with the Ambassador and Brand Partnerships Manager, PR, and Paid Social/Display teams to share learnings and scale the impact of social-related marketing initiatives.
- Design and execute social media reporting on key metrics, such as engagement, traffic, new customers, and revenue; share weekly performance reporting with key stakeholders.
- Identifying trends in customer/ambassador interactions.
- Planning social/digital campaigns to build community online.
- Be the social media expert within the Backcountry vertical team, maintaining a cutting-edge understanding of best practices, features, strategies, and tactics for all social channels.
- Partner with our GTM team to identify the right authentic partners for each campaign/focus/season, and ensure we have relevant content.
- Continue to build out an always-on ambassador/influencer strategy that gives onX Backcountry consistent momentum and content around the biggest GTM initiatives each season.
- Manage the annual influencer budget and handle the influencer relationship throughout the process, from initial outreach to final contract signing and content delivery.
- Owning, organizing, maintaining, sharing, and updating all digital assets in our DAM (Bynder) that come from our social and ambassador and other channels.
- Maintain usage rights and copyright information for all assets and extend rights when necessary.
- Create a holistic tagging system for digital assets and handle tagging all assets.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in marketing, with at least three (3) years working directly on social media and/or influencer strategy.
- Well-versed on all relevant social media platforms and trends. You know the platforms and tools that make social media marketing impactful.
- A passionate consumer-centric thinker and customer advocate. You understand social media consumer behavior deeply and intuitively, put the customer first, and influence others to think similarly.
- Results-oriented. You are most comfortable in work environments that are outcome-oriented and merit-based and are highly motivated by goal accomplishment.
- Self-starter, with the ability to find solutions for unstructured problems.
- Detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Receptive to change. You are flexible, adaptable, innovative, and open in response to competitive pressure and market change.
- Naturally collaborative, with experience working across functions.
- Superior writing/communication skills.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Multi-platform analytics proficiency.
- Experience with influencer management platforms such as AspireIQ.
- Experience showing ROI with pro staff programs and partnerships.
- Experience using any mobile marketing platforms for engagement and retention.
- Statistical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in growth through hypotheses testing and data-backed decisions
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - We anticipate this position will require up to 20% annual travel to attend industry-specific events and tradeshows.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of four or six weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays
onX COMPANY VALUES
Our principles guide the decisions making of our company. They define the culture at onX, what we have learned through experience, and are the code by which we operate. They are fundamental, enduring, and actionable–a benchmark by which we measure the team behavior and performance.
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.