onX is a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation. With offices in Missoula and Bozeman, Montana, we are inspired by the landscapes that surround us. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day with a singular goal–to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We do this by developing industry-leading technology, and by crafting dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, tech-forward environment where ownership and accountability are essential.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a multi-faceted Senior Graphic Designer to conceptualize, execute and oversee creative solutions on our newest product offering. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team doing meaningful and impactful work within an industry-leading outdoor brand. You will be responsible for designing clear, compelling, creative assets across a variety of channels and will be looked upon for conceptualizing creative strategy and execution of a project or campaign from beginning to end.
We are looking for a constantly-curious, well-rounded designer who embraces challenges in a fast-paced environment and knows how to lead a project from end to end. You should have a desire to both collaborate and lead because you know that the best work and most successful designers not only strive for their personal best but also inspire others to produce great work.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of design principles, layout and composition, current industry and design trends, knowledge of color and typography principles, and be able to produce best-in-class, creative assets and strategies while working within and pushing the boundaries of our brand style guides. This person will report to the Creative Director.
Missoula, MT, Bozeman, MT, or remote from one of onX's talent centers (WA, OR, UT, CO, and TX).
(Essential Job Duties)
- Conceptualize, develop, and produce exceptional designs and creative assets for brand content and digital marketing campaigns with specific business objectives
- Proactively manage a queue of design requests, execute on production deliverables, and work on multiple large scale campaigns concurrently
- Produce digital, print, and web assets for demand generation and customer journey campaigns
- Work closely with other internal teams to assist with their goals and requests
- Partner and collaborate with channel stakeholders, designers, content marketers, and prospective external agencies and freelancers from concept to delivery
- Assist with the Creative Director's strategic design goals, proactive engagement with the Creative Team, and dedication to evolving our brand and identity guidelines
- Support and lead internal design initiatives
- Ideate/create larger design frameworks that have an organization-wide impact
- Sign-off on conceptual ideas from junior designers
- Inspire the other creatives on your team to push their thinking and skill levels to new heights; have a point of view and always bring fresh perspectives
- Think strategically; engage in the nuances and details to bring creativity to life
- Bring an open and curious mindset to everything you do
- Embody our company values and inspire the team to do the same
- Consistently deliver top-notch visual results
- Are successfully able to rework ambiguous content to enhance and progress storytelling
- Are highly adaptive: the ability to think on your feet, react to feedback, and "design on the spot" in high-stakes situations.
- Are an expert decision-maker: the ability to make final design decisions based on business/campaign objectives.
- Ideate/execute on large-scale projects with little oversight.
- Elevate everyone around you: driving higher output, consistency, quality, and attention to detail on any given project.
- Balance considerations from multiple stakeholders and provide the contextual rationale for move-forward decisions.
- Work independently to move projects forward; can identify roadblocks and rectify with stakeholders/contributors to get a project "unstuck."
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Design work samples are required for the application.
- Education: The above competencies and degrees of proficiency are typically acquired through advanced coursework in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or related.
- Experience: Eight (8) years or more of relevant experience in visual design.
- Portfolio of Work: Strong portfolio demonstrating the ability to create effective campaigns through multiple channels: print, digital, video, and social media, for both brand awareness as well as direct marketing (activation) needs; work presented clearly details your role and contribution to the projects.
- Adobe Proficiency: Experience and proficiency in the Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Strong Relationship Management Skills: The designer will work with internal teams and creative staff to ensure high-quality work.
- Collaborative Spirit: You love to work with strategists and writers to create highly engaging and effective visuals.
- Passion for the outdoors: Experienced in various outdoor activities.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or related experience.
- Management experience: Previous experience leading/managing design teams.
- Videography Skills: Experience in motion design and video editing is a plus.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting - [90%]
- Standing - [0%]
- Walking - [10%]
- Bending - [Occasionally]
- Kneeling - [Some]
- Lifting - [Up to 25 pounds]
- Reaching - [Regularly]
- Telephone Use - [Yes]
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
- Ability to travel - Depends on location, otherwise not anticipated. Remote employees typically travel to Montana twice per year.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of four or six weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays