Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is looking to hire an experience Quality Assurance Analyst in our WRX Team. The Quality Assurance Analyst position focuses on quality throughout the project lifecycle.
The WRX Team is responsible for development, testing, and release of Zoot’s core software tools and services.
This position will be located in either our Bozeman or Billings, Montana, office. No remote work.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for creating and executing test plans.
- Responsible for enforcing the use of Zoot and Team Quality Assurance processes to ensure quality product.
- Ensures execution of proper quality practices.
- Responsible for code promotion quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Participate in requirement and design definitions and reviews to ensure test plans are traceable to requirements.
- Work with team to coordinate, monitor, execute and document all test activities.
- Work with team to establish test beds that are automated/repeatable to achieve product requirements.
- Display ownership of testing efforts.
- Provide single point of approval for all code promotions.
- Work with Project Manager to plan test schedules according to the methodology used.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on time, high quality solutions to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervisor.
Competencies Critical For This Role Are
- Quality Focused - Approaches tasks with attention to detail and a desire to get it right; reviews planning or requirements documents to ensure a thorough understanding of the deliverable; asks questions if uncertain; seeks feedback from others and isn't defensive in receiving it.
- Detail Oriented - Able to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task, while showing concern for all areas involved; follows policies and procedures to accomplish the task.
- Analytical Skills - Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through situations or problems; able to identify and define problems, collect and analyze information, problem solve, and make decisions; extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified.
- Command Skills - Able to lead people to accomplish tasks, even if not their direct supervisor; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and difficult debate but is able to reach a decision and move on; looked to for direction during problem situations; looks to resolve challenges, not defer to someone else.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to cope with change; versatile; can shift gears as priorities or business needs change; able to act without having all of the answers; doesn't get frustrated when things are ambiguous; able to move on if situation necessitates it, even if other tasks/projects aren't complete; able to balance acting with uncertainty with risk.
- Perseverance - Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a desire to finish; rarely gives up before a task or project is complete, especially when encountering obstacles.
- Process Oriented - Able to determine the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; utilizes existing processes effectively; knows how to organize or combine tasks that align with processes to make workflow efficient; looks to improve existing processes when appropriate.
- Technical Learning – Able to learn new knowledge and skills that apply to one's job duties; willing and able to learn on the fly; learns quickly when facing new problems; versatile and open to change; tries different solutions to try and find the right one; able to approach situations where learning needs to occur in order to successfully complete the task, but is able to quickly learn what's needed to accomplish it.
- Interpersonal — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do; being flexible; and, listening to others with full attention, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Reasoning — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; and, combining pieces of information and applying general rules to problems to produce answers/conclusions that make sense.
- Problem Solving — Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management and Attendance — Managing one's own time, effectively utilizing the time of others, and consistently reporting to work, meetings, or other scheduled events; and, notifying others appropriately of planned or unplanned absences and tardiness.
Competencies Critical For All Roles At Zoot Are
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for tasks and projects as assigned; holds self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and cost-effective results; accepts responsibility for mistakes.
- Action Oriented, Initiative – Works hard every day, self-motivated; energized by both tasks expected of the role and new or challenging projects; willing to act even with minimal planning, however, doesn't act carelessly and takes responsibility for actions, whether end result is positive or negative; moves on to the next task or project without being asked or seeks out additional ways to help.
- Communication (General) – Effective with the form(s) of communication that are applicable to a given role (oral, presentation, written); able to be detailed enough to show that the right work was done, yet succinct enough to effectively communicate data, opinions, or findings.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logical, strategic, analytical, reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a given situation and possible solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; able to think outside the box to generate possible solutions.
- Customer Focused, Service Oriented – Actively works to meet the expectations, requirements, or needs of internal and external customers; understands who their customer is; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Development Focused – Knows or is able to recognize personal strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; learns from mistakes; receptive to sharing one's own shortcomings with others; is comfortable with balanced performance reviews (both positives and areas to improve) and honest professional development and career discussions.
- Driving for Results, Solutions Focused – Motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving results that align with the plan; finds ways to complete tasks or projects, even in the face of adversity, and remains optimistic and driven to the end; looks for ways to improve performance all the time.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted across the organization; seen as a direct, truthful individual; maintains confidentiality as required; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent themselves or the facts for personal gain.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience and ability to hear people out; able to accurately restate the opinions of others to validate understanding, even if there is disagreement.
- Mentoring – Able to effectively share knowledge and insight with others so that they can accomplish tasks, achieve goals, and enhance skills.
- Organization and Time Management – Able to manage multiple projects or tasks and adapt to changing priorities; effective and efficient with own time; able to bring resources (e.g. people, materials, processes, budget) together to get things done and uses them effectively; shows up on time and respects the time of others.
- Problem Solving – Willing to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; examines all angles and sources before developing a solution; looks beyond easy solutions and doesn't stop at the first answer; able to uncover or anticipate hidden problems; provides honest analysis, even if the answer isn't what people want to hear
- Professionalism – Easy to approach and talk to; able to put others at ease, either naturally or due to self-awareness to adjust; warm, pleasant, and gracious; sensitive to and patient with the personalities of others; builds rapport by making people feel comfortable; works well with others; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; able to be candid with peers; solves problems in a way that minimizes negative impacts to others.
- Technical Aptitude – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform a job's duties at a high level of accomplishment.
- Working with Existing Tools – Able to leverage current tools, services, process, and procedures to accomplish tasks; seeks additional understanding of existing processes and procedures; finds ways to improve upon existing options before proposing or exploring new options.
Education, Training, and Experience Requirements
5 + years of experience in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Finance, or related field required
Previous experience and knowledge in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance policies required
Previous experience in Quality Assurance roles in software development or other related industries preferred.
Previous experience utilizing JIRA preferred.
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires sitting for long periods at a computer work station.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will not be required to travel.
- The Quality Assurance Analyst position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
- Occasional nighttime and weekend work is required within the position.
Zoot Benefits Include
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman and Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center (Bozeman)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria (Bozeman)
- Espresso & Snack Bar (Bozeman)
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes (Bozeman)
- Private Disc Golf Course (Bozeman)
- Private Sports Park with Putting Green, Bocce, and Volleyball (Billings)
- Underground Parking (Bozeman)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition