D.A. Davidson Companies is a financial services firm with a strong agile development team. We are further investing in the future of our firm’s technology and are looking to add an Atlassian Support Engineer. We are looking for an experienced Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.) administrator.
Ideal candidates should have strong familiarity with Atlassian tools, preferably with 3 to 5 years of prior experience and can offer recommendations on optimizing and securing workflows and permissions to enable different teams to use Jira and Confluence in a manner that best suits their SDLC and business needs. The Atlassian Support Engineer will serve as a key point of contact for teams that utilize Atlassian products and will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service through professional written and verbal communication with Davidson employees.
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open and adaptive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive collaboration across our firm. Just as we work to improve our clients and employees’ well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our company culture and impact in our latest annual report, found here: https://dadavidson.com/2020-Annual-Report
Experience and Skills
* Configuration and maintenance of Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and other Atlassian Tools
* Create and manage Jira workflows, schemes, screens, permissions, and notifications
* Support and administer Confluence Space creation, configuration, and permissions.
* Work collaboratively with Project Management and Agile teams to streamline their processes
* Evaluate and manage the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs
* Design & manage complex Jira/Confluence queries, dashboards for operational/performance reporting metrics and reports based on departmental needs
* Understand system architecture of upstream and downstream impacts when implementing solutions
* Develop, test, and deploy integrations between Atlassian products and other internal systems
* Conduct user-training and help-sessions for new users, features, or implementations
* Migrating people/projects from other tools to JIRA/Confluence
* Monitor Confluence for operation, content, and security
* Understand policies that apply to Confluence and Jira, disseminating them and participating in the creation/update of new policies
* Coordinate testing new macros with users and application administrators
* Coordinate with users for testing product updates before and after production release
* Act as first point of contact for tickets for Atlassian tools.
* Act as point of contact for onboarding new users and teams, and answering frequently asked questions
* Must have strong knowledge and hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting of Atlassian suite of products especially Jira, Confluence
* 3+ years working with and supporting Atlassian products
* Troubleshooting issues in Jira/Confluence tools
* Demonstrated outstanding analytical, teaming, and interpersonal skills
* Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
* Integration knowledge a plus
* Experience coordinating a dynamic environment managing coordination throughout all areas of responsibility
* BS degree is preferred
* Atlassian certification is preferred; training and coursework is available through D.A. Davidson
* Proven ability to multi-task
* Independent, self-starter
* Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written correspondence) in a professional and courteous manner with technical and non-technical personnel
* Familiarity with web-based technologies, including but not limited to, reverse proxy servers, SSL certificate configuration, three-tier architecture, and service-oriented architecture, https, and differences between browsers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.