The IT Systems Engineer participates and helps coordinate in the work activities of the IT systems team which encompasses:
• Designing, implementing, and supporting server and service infrastructures in datacenters/cloud.
• Assisting with the support of core enterprise applications in a Microsoft environment.
• Managing escalated tickets and high severity outages.
• Undertaking capacity planning and management.
• Executing on infrastructure related projects and initiatives.
• Proactively seeking the adoption of new technologies to increase capabilities and effectiveness.
• Four-year college degree and/or equivalent related work experience.
• Good technical knowledge and skills related to: Virtualization, Server Mgmt, Cloud Computing
• Familiarity with general server and networking concepts.
• Strong grasp of cloud technologies and concepts.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• The ability to document and diagram complex architecture
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
• Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, organized, and detail oriented
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
• Ability to pass a background check typically necessary for working in the financial industry.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with CI/CD systems, GitOps, Terraform, IaaC, Ansible, API integration, Unix administration experience
• Experience in scripting and automation (preferably PowerShell)
• Experience supporting applications such as: O365, Exchange Online, Azure, Windows Server, VMware ESXi, VDI
• Design, provision, manage, and monitor systems and infrastructure.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Respond appropriately to incidents based on severity.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
• Work to mature and further develop IT standards and processes.
• Research and propose new technology options and methodologies.
• Directly support asset lifecycles which includes patching, imaging, upgrading, deploying, and retiring technologies and systems.
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
• Assist in the management of IT capacity, budget, projects, and business expectations.
• Train IT Systems personnel regarding the new information as necessary.
• Continuously document existing and new systems, policies, procedures, and configurations.
• Manage and execute on infrastructure related projects and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.