Manufacturing / Production Technician
Applies experience and skills in electrical assembly and test, complex plumbing fabrication or, mechanical assembly and test to build and/or test subassemblies or systems. Works with a moderate to low degree of supervision.
- Utilizes routine work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, parts and wire lists, written and/or verbal instructions to build, repair and/or test electrical, electro-mechanical, vacuum, pneumatic assemblies, subassemblies and components.
- May make own set-ups, alignments and adjustments, maintaining tolerance according to instructions. Performs precision measurements and works with close tolerances. Adjusts, aligns and/or performs "go-no go" tests using test fixtures or non-diagnostic electronic testing devices.
- Performs in-process quality audits and defines follow-up action. Demonstrates understanding of Applied Materials planning and delivery process. Works with area supervision in establishing continuous improvement activities within work area.
- Details finished work. Receives parts and performs audits to ensure all necessary parts are available to perform built, test and repair. Inspects parts for defects. Troubleshoots and improves processes.
- Acts as a role model for safety and training. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training, and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety department. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Willing to pursue growth opportunities and challenging assignments
- Active contributor to meet team objectives
- Has developed analytical skills and application of scientific methods to perform a variety of activities
- Has good understanding of how the team integrates with others
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Impacts the quality of own work and performance of the team
- Uses communication skills to exchange of information
Education: Specific certification in skill set or Associate's Degree in technical trade
Experience: 4+ years in a trade
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.