The Computer Operator will provide data center operational support for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly processing tasks. This includes critical support of major bank accounting software systems and all other applications within GBCI’s processing suite, with severe consequences if errors or timing delays occur. Responsible for monitoring online processing and for running various reports related to data center operations. Has a role in providing support to bank employees on a variety of issues over the phone and through e-mail. Will also provide support through the employee self-service platform and work various tasks and incidents that pertain to our internal software systems.
This is a corporate position located in Helena, MT. The entry-rate for this position is $20.32+ / per hour (calculated for Helena, MT). All compensation offers are analyzed individually and take into consideration multiple factors including but not limited to geographic location, years of experience, and educational background.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Run and monitor batch processing and file transmissions for all banks in the organization to ensure all jobs and transmissions are run as scheduled. Ensure all issues are handled per procedures. Ensure accuracy and timeliness as there are severe consequences if errors or timing delays occur.
- Perform problem determination and create problem tickets for data center hardware and ATM units. Create hardware services calls with vendors and/or contact designated IT or branch personnel to assist in resolution of issues, as necessary. Monitor vendor service calls to ensure timely repair.
- Monitor computer systems and peripheral equipment for alarms and error messages. Communicate equipment malfunctions to supervisor, appropriate IT personnel, and/or service vendor, as appropriate. Monitor vendor service calls to ensure timely repair.
- Runs and monitors all Month End, Quarter End, and Year End jobs and for the distribution of their output.
- Assists and responds to help-desk requests and participates in special projects. Creates queries, reports, new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Assist as needed in making test runs for performance and accuracy in new programs and changes to existing programs. Assist with test prints of new and revised forms.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control. Must complete the assigned online training courses and achieve a passing score by due date.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma / GED
3 years of computer support experience in IT.
Would an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience be considered?: Yes
Required Skills and Abilities
- Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring. Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
- Must have working knowledge of how to operate a computer and peripheral equipment such as printers, tape and disc drives.
- Ability to learn and understand the basic computer concepts in order to operate various computer equipment.
- Ability to work independently, often being the only person on a shift, and to complete work in a timely manner.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Will have exposure to sensitive information, and must use considerable tact, diplomacy and judgment.
What We Offer
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Starting salary is dependent upon relevant experience and may vary based on the geographic location of the position. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a health savings account option, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), a health rewards program, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, discounts on banking products and services, and paid sick, holiday, and vacation time. Visit our website for more details!
COMPANY OVERVIEW: We are a family of banks whose unique local presence reflects the communities we serve. We welcome the opportunity to grow and change as our customers and communities do the same. Read our story, learn about our banks, and experience life at Glacier Bancorp, Inc. all from our website. Check it out!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.