"INNOVATIVE AND RESOURCEFUL PROFESSIONALS PROVIDING POSITIVE CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCES AND CREATING PROUD CLIENTS, EMPLOYEES AND COMMUNITIES"
If having a rewarding career where you do meaningful work, meet great people, get involved in the community and have fun doing it is what you're after, look no further and keep on reading!
Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. (Jackson) offers superior General Contracting, Construction Management and Design-Build services. Established in 2000, Jackson has quickly become a regional general contractor employed by local, state, and federal agencies as well as private clients. We provide a highly technical and sophisticated construction management service while operating on a local and personal level.
We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by combining capabilities and know-how found in large construction companies with the responsiveness of a small company. We have the size and resources to tackle a broad range of projects in different market sectors including Education, Commercial, Public/Government, Healthcare/Labs, Civil/Transportation and Residential. Our expertise covers the full range of construction services allowing us to oversee a project from inception through warranty.
We currently employ nearly 300 employees across Montana and Washington with offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Miles City, MT and Walla Walla and Spokane, WA. At Jackson, we are in an exciting time of growth but also take pride in maintaining our culture and values consisting of safety, communication, quality, integrity and pride, not necessarily in that order. To do that we encourage all of our employees to build relationships through honest, open-minded and effective communication, pursue learning, growth and self-improvement, complete everything with a pride of ownership and create a positive work-life balance.
Jackson is looking for hardworking individuals who thrive in a dynamic work environment and demonstrate dedication, curiosity and passion about construction. We are interested in people who pride themselves on doing the right thing. Good people provide the foundation for solid teams that continually produce exceptional results on each and every project.
The Project Engineer is responsible for a variety of tasks including submittals, document control, material procurement, quality control and safety. Project Engineers work with the Project Managers and Project Superintendents either on a single project or multiple. It is the responsibility of the Project Engineer to assist in delivering the contractual obligations in a manner that is consistent with Jackson Contractor Group’s (Jackson) corporate culture and core values.
- Review submittals and shop drawings, ensure on time material deliveries and maintain document control (RFIs, change orders, as-builts, etc.) to ensure effective material procurement to maintain schedule and budget.
- Support the Project Manager with the project finances by compiling and preparing the monthly Owner pay applications, processing invoices, estimating change orders, and participating in closeout, budget adjustments, monthly project status reports and job cost maintenance.
- Support the Project Superintendent with field management by interpreting drawings, specifications, form detailing and special design, production analysis studies and responding to craft and subcontractor questions and inquiries.
- Participate in project schedule creation and updates.
- Participate on bid teams by performing quantity-take offs, preparing bid packages and performing subcontract/supplier outreach.
- Assist with the preparation and running of weekly subcontractor and Owner coordination meetings and maintain meeting minutes.
- Assist in the writing and buyout of purchase orders and subcontract agreements.
- Participate in all aspects of safety on the jobsite including safety meetings, safety walks, weekly safety audits,
- Maintain quality control documentation and facilitate and/or participate in preparatory meetings, initial Inspections and follow-up
- Other duties as assigned.
- Handle all interactions with coworkers, subcontractors, clients, the public, etc. in a manner designed to build and maintain long term relationships.
- Go the extra mile to ensure the project is successful and with complete satisfaction of the client by double checking all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
- Complete all tasks with a pride of ownership.
- Never stop improving by initiating personal development strategies and suggestions for company-wide process improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, punctuality and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Experience & Skills Desired
- Must be able to read and understand project documents such as plans, specifications, contracts, etc.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university or college in a related field of construction or equivalent work experience
- Preferred experience with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- ASTA PowerProject
Certificates & Licenses
- Montana SWPPP/Washington CESCL certification is encouraged
- OSHA 30 training is encouraged
- LEED GA or other LEED certification is encouraged
- Lean training/certification is encouraged
- Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. is a member of the Montana Contractor's Association, providing 100% employer paid retirement plan and health insurance for employees and their family, short-term disability, and 401k.
- Benefits also include additional short-term disability, long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off and much more! To see all benefits offered, please refer to our Careers page.