Zoot Enterprises is looking for an IT Corporate Administrator. The IT Corporate Administrator is responsible for reviewing, testing, installing, maintaining, and supporting all hardware and software configurations of operational applications used by each employee in their perspective job functions. The IT Corporate Administrator position is fast paced and ever changing and requires regular management of changing priorities.
The IT Organization within Zoot is responsible for designing, constructing and maintaining the foundational information technology systems employed by the company to do business. This includes all aspects of the live hosting environment for our proprietary software as well as the desktop environments in use for each employee.
This position will be located in either our Bozeman or Billings, Montana office. Candidates who desire to work remotely will not be considered.
Essential Job Functions
- Administer Zoot's corporate network environment, including, but not limited to workstation applications, user management applications (e.g. Active Directory), business applications (e.g. Accounting), and communication applications (e.g. Email).
- Assist with evaluating and recommending IT solutions, products, and services.
- Work with other personnel/departments to analyze requirements and alternatives and make acquisition recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Maintain and administer deployment standards for OS builds, updates, and patch management.
- Install new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and backups as necessary on servers.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of corporate computer systems.
- Provide technical support, training and documentation to the IT team and auxiliary departments.
- Respond to requests to assist in critical problem resolution, including after-hours support needs.
- Utilize ticketing system to track defects and requested enhancements
- Use Change Management and Release Management processes to make changes to the corporate and production environments.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement hardware and software replacements or upgrades; using automation where applicable.
- Participate in scheduled monthly maintenance windows.
- Track time on a basis that is required by accounting.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Competencies Critical For This Role Are
- Analytical Skills - Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through situations or problems; able to identify and define problems, collect and analyze information, problem solve, and make decisions; extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to cope with change; versatile; can shift gears as priorities or business needs change; able to act without having all of the answers; doesn't get frustrated when things are ambiguous; able to move on if situation necessitates it, even if other tasks/projects aren't complete; able to balance acting with uncertainty with risk.
- Decision Making - Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision; also able to make good decisions using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; decisions generally turn out to be correct/accurate when evaluated over time; is someone others can rely on for quality decisions.
- Detail Oriented - Able to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task, while showing concern for all areas involved; follows policies and procedures to accomplish the task.
- Management of Confidential Information – Collecting, recording, organizing and sorting through sensitive information and data, ensuring only the appropriate individuals receive access to the information.
- Process Oriented - Able to determine the processes necessary to accomplish tasks; utilizes existing processes effectively; knows how to organize or combine tasks that align with processes to make workflow efficient; looks to improve existing processes when appropriate.
- Quality Focused - Approaches tasks with attention to detail and a desire to get it right; reviews planning or requirements documents to ensure a thorough understanding of the deliverable; asks questions if uncertain; seeks feedback from others and isn't defensive in receiving it.
- Technical Learning – Able to learn new knowledge and skills that apply to one's job duties; willing and able to learn on the fly; learns quickly when facing new problems; versatile and open to change; tries different solutions to try and find the right one; able to approach situations where learning needs to occur in order to successfully complete the task, but is able to quickly learn what's needed to accomplish it.
Zoot’s Companywide Competencies Are
- Accountability - Takes responsibility for tasks and projects as assigned; holds self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and cost-effective results; accepts responsibility for mistakes.
- Action Oriented, Initiative – Works hard every day, self-motivated; energized by both tasks expected of the role and new or challenging projects; willing to act even with minimal planning, however, doesn't act carelessly and takes responsibility for actions, whether end result is positive or negative; moves on to the next task or project without being asked or seeks out additional ways to help.
- Communication (General) – Effective with the form(s) of communication that are applicable to a given role (oral, presentation, written); able to be detailed enough to show that the right work was done, yet succinct enough to effectively communicate data, opinions, or findings.
- Critical Thinking - Uses logical, strategic, analytical, reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a given situation and possible solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; able to think outside the box to generate possible solutions.
- Customer Focused, Service Oriented - Actively works to meet the expectations, requirements, or needs of internal and external customers; understands who their customer is; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Development Focused - Knows or is able to recognize personal strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; learns from mistakes; receptive to sharing one's own shortcomings with others; is comfortable with balanced performance reviews (both positives and areas to improve) and honest professional development and career discussions.
- Driving for Results, Solutions Focused - Motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving results that align with the plan; finds ways to complete tasks or projects, even in the face of adversity, and remains optimistic and driven to the end; looks for ways to improve performance all the time.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted across the organization; seen as a direct, truthful individual; maintains confidentiality as required; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent themselves or the facts for personal gain.
- Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience and ability to hear people out; able to accurately restate the opinions of others to validate understanding, even if there is disagreement.
- Mentoring - Able to effectively share knowledge and insight with others so that they can accomplish tasks, achieve goals, and enhance skills.
- Organization and Time Management - Able to manage multiple projects or tasks and adapt to changing priorities; effective and efficient with own time; able to bring resources (e.g. people, materials, processes, budget) together to get things done and uses them effectively; shows up on time and respects the time of others.
- Problem Solving – Willing to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; examines all angles and sources before developing a solution; looks beyond easy solutions and doesn't stop at the first answer; able to uncover or anticipate hidden problems; provides honest analysis, even if the answer isn't what people want to hear.
- Professionalism - Easy to approach and talk to; able to put others at ease, either naturally or due to self-awareness to adjust; warm, pleasant, and gracious; sensitive to and patient with the personalities of others; builds rapport by making people feel comfortable; works well with others; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; able to be candid with peers; solves problems in a way that minimizes negative impacts to others.
- Technical Aptitude - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform a job's duties at a high level of accomplishment.
- Working with Existing Tools - Able to leverage current tools, services, process, and procedures to accomplish tasks; seeks additional understanding of existing processes and procedures; finds ways to improve upon existing options before proposing or exploring new options.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- At least three years of professional experience in a technology field
- Or, an equal combination of education and experience.
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires long periods of sitting at a computer workstation.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting.
- This position will require travel 0% of the time.
- The IT Corporate Administrator position is fast paced and ever changing and requires one to regularly manage changing priorities.
- Occasional on-call, nighttime and weekend work is required within this position.
- Headquarters campus in Bozeman, Montana, with a second office in Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well-Behaved Dog to Work
- On-Site Child Care Center and Summer Camp Programs (Bozeman)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-Site Cafeteria (Bozeman)
- Espresso & Snack Bar (Bozeman)
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes (Bozeman)
- Private Disc Golf Course (Bozeman)
- Sports Park with Putting Green, Bocce, and Volleyball (Billings)
- Underground Parking (Bozeman)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term, & Long-Term Disability
- Fun Committee that organizes Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness programming dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition
Zoot Enterprises is a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition and decision management solutions for financial institutions. We offer comprehensive and flexible platforms for specific business needs that include loan origination, fraud detection and prevention, data acquisition, and more.
For more than 30 years, we have launched solutions to market faster than the competition. Zoot has partnered with influential U.S. and international organizations including major financial institutions, retailers and payment providers to foster excellence in the financial services industry.
Headquartered in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community, and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, on-site child care, a dog-friendly office, and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at email@example.com.