Operations Manager – Montana High Tech Business Alliance
Location: Missoula, MT. Hybrid remote and in-person. Website: mthightech.org
Open Date: May 22, 2022. Open until filled.
Schedule: Full-time, general expected schedule 40 hrs. per week, flexible schedule. Typical business hours are M-F between 8 am and 5 pm. Occasional evening events, overnight travel.
Who We Are:
The Montana High Tech Business Alliance is a nonpartisan, business-driven nonprofit association of more than 200 high tech and manufacturing companies and affiliates.
What We Do:
The Alliance helps tech companies create high-paying jobs in Montana and empowers Montanans to find pathways to rewarding tech careers, including in rural and tribal communities. We strive to be champions of diversity and responsible tech growth.
- Build Community online and through in-person and virtual events.
- Tell Stories about Montana’s thriving tech sector in multi-media content.
- Fill Jobs via our jobs board, career guides, and educational events.
The Operations Manager assists the Executive Director in the day-to-day operations of the Alliance, helping to manage projects, team members, and relationships with member firms. We are looking for a strong leader who shares our passion for our mission and whose strengths and interests are a good fit for this role. Our team is small, so we need someone who can wear multiple hats and take initiative. If you like variety in your work, enjoy working with people, and are excited to keep up with a fast-paced industry, this could be the right job for you.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in business or other field, or equivalent experience.
Desired Traits and Skills:
- Organized, conscientious about details, and delivers high-quality work on time.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to organize and maintain financial records.
- Strong value for customer service and building long-term relationships.
- Commitment to continuous learning and performance improvement, including pursuing relevant reading, training, and professional development opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in basic computer applications like Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google G-Suite tools. Confident in learning and using new software platforms.
- Manage key projects, including measuring progress against organizational goals.
- Lead the team in drafting, following, and updating written procedures to ensure efficient operations and knowledge transfer.
- Coordinate team workflow in a project management tool (currently using Trello).
- Review organizational policies and processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Engage in active problem solving; find solutions to technical and operational problems.
- Bring creative ideas for ways to better serve our members and stakeholders.
- Spearhead projects – develop and follow-through with new initiatives.
- Collect and analyze data to support recommendations and measure results.
- Track and purchase office equipment, software, and supplies.
- Partner with the Executive Director to manage interns and contractors supporting the jobs board, marketing, social media, content creation, website, events, etc.
- Oversee recruiting, onboarding, and training of new hires.
- Motivate team members to function effectively and reach company goals.
- Delegate tasks to team members according to their strengths, interests, and abilities and ensure work satisfies organizational standards.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on performance of interns and contractors.
- Resolve internal problems and proactively ensure team engagement and well-being.
- Schedule and lead meetings and check-ins with team members.
- Ensure effective communication among team members in different functions.
- Represent the Alliance as a leader at industry events.
Administration and Member Relations:
- Manage the Alliance member database and CRM using GrowthZone software.
- Process new member applications and keep records up to date.
- Gather data for reporting results to the Alliance Board, members, and stakeholders.
- Provide clerical support including scheduling meetings, creating agendas, budgets, spreadsheets, presentations, handouts, surveys, etc.
- Facilitate onboarding of new members and coordinate efficient customer support through automated messaging, online resource guides, and personal outreach.
- Resolve problems for member companies.
- Look for opportunities to add value for members.
- Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
Billing and Financial Management:
- Manage MHTBA member billing schedules.
- Send invoices, reminders, and manage accounts receivable.
- Compile monthly billing reports and statements of accounts for the executive director and accountant/bookkeeper.
- Help compile quarterly financial reports and prepare budgets for the Board of Directors.
- Actively seek ways to improve the bottom line by reducing costs or increasing revenue.
- Coordinate logistics for virtual events – registration, facilitation, and follow-up.
- Coordinate logistics for in-person events – registration, venues, catering, hotel rooms, and rental cars, maps, handouts, name tags, signage, and setting up technology.
- Attend and help on-site with events – set-up, clean-up, staffing registration table, etc.
Salary: $41,000-$45,000 per year depending on experience
SFLSA Classification: Exempt: salaried
Benefits: 15 days paid personal and vacation time. Six paid holidays. Health insurance contribution. Training and professional development opportunities.
Our office is in the MonTEC building on East Broadway in Missoula, Montana, located a short distance from Missoula College, the University of Montana campus, and downtown Missoula.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Christina Henderson, email@example.com.