Fisher’s mission is to make our customers extremely happy through technology offerings and services that maximize business efficiency and performance. And we do all that while having a great time and loving our work. Fisher's Technology has been selected as one of the “Best Places to Work in Idaho” for the last thirteen years.
Fisher’s is a leading technology provider in Idaho, Montana & Washington to help businesses perform at the top of their game. We manage IT environments (servers, cloud environments, network equipment, computers, mobile devices, applications, Cloud, VoIP, and internet services), sell and service office equipment (from Canon, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, HP, OCE and many others), and streamline business operations with electronic document management and related software solutions. Learn more at www.fisherstech.com.
IT Field Technician
Fisher’s is seeking a qualified individual to fill our IT Field Technician position. They will work closely with other members of the Unified IT team and be responsible for supporting computers and network systems remotely and on-site for Fisher’s customers.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
- Upgrade or replace hardware and software systems
- Report daily and hourly activities on Fisher’s calendar and time keeping CRM
- Provide any on-site, or remote tasks as needed by Technical Manager or other related technical staff
- Handle IT ticket escalations and strive to close tickets on first attempt
- Observe and perform appropriate ticket escalation when necessary
- Communicate effectively with customers, IT support technicians and Technical Manager
- Ensure assigned Maintenance Work Orders are updated daily and customer notified
- Be sensitive to customer needs when planning downtime and server restarts/maintenance
- Meet and communicate regularly with team to discuss successes and struggles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups
- Be friendly and engaging when communicating and visiting with clients
- Ensure safe work habits and good engineering practices are observed
- Assist in other special projects and assigned duties as needed
- Manage inbound and outbound support calls
- Associate Degree or Professional Technical Training
- 1-3 Years of experience of IT technical support
- One or more years’ experience in remote and on-site troubleshooting and repair of computer, server and network equipment and components, and able to demonstrate proficiency
- Must be familiar with Microsoft products and server operating systems
- Must be able to maintain, upgrade or replace hardware and software systems
- Must have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must have general knowledge of routers, switches and other needed network hardware and networking processes
- Must be able to multitask and handle multiple issues, either on the phone, remotely, or on-site.
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and phone-support proficiency
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. frequently, 50 lbs. occasionally
- Must provide reliable transportation for on-site calls