The Product Designer is a creative member of our Product Team and collaborates closely with Product and Engineering to create a structured, intuitive experience for our users. The right candidate will have an eye for clean design, superior UX skills, ability to translate high-level requirements into a flawless user experience, and has implemented design processes into the software delivery flow. The Product Designer has a significant role in maximizing and measuring the adoption and value delivered by Foundant’s Product Development organization.
This role will have relationships and responsibilities outside of our agile teams, including but not limited to, internal team members, external clients, business owners, partners and other stakeholders. The Product Designer will work with these relationships to ideate, create, and launch new features and improve existing features with a focus on usability, usefulness, and visual design.
- Understand how customers are using Foundant’s systems and make their work more intuitive and efficient.
- Work with product and engineering to make sure technical aspects can be achieved, while ensuring the user experience remains the top priority
- Help lead all application user experience and user interface efforts
- Establish user testing processes and regular feedback mechanisms
- Develop, measure, and improve user experience KPIs
- Develop and communicate consistent design conventions, standards, and patterns
- Designs with localization, accessibility, usability, and other standards in mind
- Create and present concepts, wire frames, process flows, and prototypes, iterating quickly to validate ideas and to facilitate a smooth and consistent implementation process.
- Evaluate and measure what we have released, working iteratively to improve design and UX based on insights from the evaluated data.
- Define standards by preparing and maintaining Ul style guides, visual strategies, page layouts, processes, icons, and color palettes in accordance with Brand standards
- Participate in Agile ceremonies and team meetings
- Propose new projects and/or functionality that aligns with product vision and company goals
- Continuously developing Foundant’s styles and design guidelines
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems via User Experience Research (UXR) and using this data to define, alter and maintain the desired customer experience.
- Adaptable to perform other duties as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of professional experience designing SaaS/web applications
- Expertise in design tools such as Balsamiq, Adobe XD, Axure RP, or Figma
- Expertise in accessibility, localization and usability standards
- Experience with a variety of user experience research (UXR) techniques
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience updating legacy products and launching new products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, or other collaboration software systems
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience and familiarity with Design Systems and the process by which a company implements and maintains a Design System.
- Ability to design cross platform experiences
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience with design thinking strategy
- Experience designing accounting, CRM and/or sales/marketing/fundraising software
- Experience working with engineering teams utilizing microservices architecture
- Experience creating and maintaining the systems within an interface design system
- Experience translating design into code (html and css)
- 1+ years of professional experience designing mobile applications