onX is a pioneer in digital outdoor navigation. With offices in Missoula and Bozeman, Montana, we are inspired by the landscapes that surround us. We bring our outdoor passion to work every day with a singular goal–to awaken the adventurer in everyone. We do this by developing industry-leading technology, and by crafting dynamic outdoor experiences.
Through multiple years of growth, we haven’t lost our entrepreneurial ethos at onX. We offer a fast-paced, tech-forward environment where ownership and accountability are essential.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a Motion Graphics Designer/Editor with a passion for storytelling and communicating brand messaging, educational content, and digital ads through compelling motion and video content for our HUNT product. This role requires a candidate with a proactive attitude, a sharp ad-strategy mindset, with the ability to produce iterative, high-volume video work. You are as comfortable in Adobe Premiere as you are in Adobe After Effects, and you rely on your graphic design background to make sure everything looks its best and communicates the central concept and themes. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic growing company focused on making an impact on the business, and our video production team. This position will report to the Creative Director.
Missoula, MT or Bozeman, MT preferred. Or remote from onX's talent centers (WA, OR, UT, and TX). For questions about location requirements, please contact recruitment@onXmaps.com.
(Essential Job Duties)
- Create video motion graphics, including building out design templates and graphics, supporting a wide range of initiatives across paid and organic acquisition, app, web, social, etc.
- Ideate, create, and design ads and motion graphics for multi-channel advertising platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok, Snap, Roku…etc.
- Produce compelling and on-brand creative, ensuring brand consistency across all digital channels
Edit videos that will drive the highest impact and conversions for paid social ads and educational content.
- Work with footage received from our brand ambassadors, other videographers, and other outside sources to create new edits.
- Work closely with the User Acquisition and Creative teams to innovate on video editing styles and creative output.
- Keep up with the latest trends in storytelling, video production, and social media.
- Conceptualize and execute designs from a blank canvas state.
- Monitor and incorporate industry trends in graphic design and embrace innovation.
- Work with various departments to complete requested projects, timelines, and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Video Production or equivalent experience.
- Five (5) or more years of motion graphic and video editing experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on After Effects.
- Proficient in video editing software (Premiere, Resolve, or Final Cut Pro).
- A strong sense of editorial timing and direction.
- Has a great eye for detail, visual design, and creating engaging content.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a history of telling compelling stories through unique creative assets and visual interactions.
Work within teams, as well as independently, to decipher problems and create solutions.
- Self-driven and able to complete tasks with minimal guidance if necessary.
- Ability to multitask and work well under deadlines.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salaries, annual bonuses, equity, and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive health benefits including a no-monthly-cost medical plan
- Parental leave plan of four or six weeks fully paid
- 401k matching at 100% for the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures and amazing outdoor industry perks
- Annual “Get Out, Get Active” funds to fuel your active lifestyle in and outside of the gym
- Flexible time away package that includes PTO, STO, VTO, quiet weeks, and floating holidays