|Announcement Number||STAFF - VA - 22377|
|For questions regarding this position, please contact:||
|Classification Title||Program Coord II|
|Working Title||Evidence Tech/Training and IT Coordinator|
|Brief Position Overview||
This position performs the responsibilities and duties of Evidence Technician and Training and IT Coordinator within the Montana State University Police Department. They ensure that the training program meets requirements and needs set out by the University Police Department, Montana State University, and the State of Montana. They also ensure that the evidence functions related to the secure storage documentation of, and handling of evidence are properly being executed as lined out by the University Police Department, City of Bozeman and State of Montana. They coordinate IT functions for the department.
|Position Number||used to be 4N0430 - converting to 4M|
|Contract Term||Fiscal Year|
|If other, specify From date|
|If other, specify End date|
|Salary||$20.49 per hour, commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications|
|Contract Type||Classified Salary|
|If other, please specify|
The mission of the Montana State University Police Department is to provide Montana State University students, faculty, staff, and visitors a safe and secure environment for living, and learning. We continuously strive to build and cultivate relationships, foster ongoing education, and provide a visible and welcoming presence for our community.
|Duties and Responsibilities||
• Identify and assess future and current needs and opportunities for training.
• Monitor and evaluate Training Plan effectiveness and success.
• Manage training budget.
• Maintain training records and files for both police and civilian staff in accordance with department policy and POST standards.
• Manage training requests from department members and routes accordingly for approval.
• Revise training plan and programs in view of new legislation, changes in policy, and/or standard operating procedures.
• Prepare training announcements to inform employees of projected training and development courses.
• Make arrangements for travel, facilities, equipment, and needed materials and arranges for instructors when applicable.
• Verify that POST records are accurate and communicate with POST to make changes as needed.
• Prepare all travel arrangement and manage university travel paperwork for trainings and personnel trips.
• Perform other duties as required by management.
• Collect post-training reviews in order to assess the effectiveness of trainings and future needs.
• Maintain custody of evidence to ensure secure storage and timely retrieval as required, including documenting the security, transfer, and chain of custody for items transported to the lab, enforcing limited access into the evidence vault, and documenting transfer of evidence to the courts.
• Work closely with the state crime lab to ensure proper handling, packaging, reports, chain of custody, and transfer of evidence.
• Enforce all policies regarding proper authorization for release to ensure the release of information to proper recipients as required.
• Ensure the proper disposal of drugs, paraphernalia, and bio-hazardous evidence as required.
• Arrange auctions or other approved disposal methods for items no longer of evidentiary value.
• Attend meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions and reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices and new developments in assigned work areas.
|Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills||
|Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills||
|The Successful Candidate Will||
* Effectively foster and maintain a professional, positive, and productive work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language.
* Ability and willingness to quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
|Position Special Requirements/Additional Information|
* Significant physical strength which permits the employee to collect, transport and lift/move evidence of up to 50lbs
|This position has supervisory duties?||Yes|
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Desired Start Date||Upon completion of a successful search.|
|Position End Date (if temporary)|
|Applications will be:||
Screening of applications will begin on June 7, 2022; however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: https://www.montana.edu/hr/recruitment/dualcareer.html
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).