- Manage a group of engineers with specific responsibility for lab and office safety, technical mentoring as required within the engineering group. Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects.
- Ensure customer satisfaction via on time delivery of product releases and prompt resolution of critical significantly complex issues for entire range of products of complex scope
- Ensure the integration of engineering resources with cross-functional teams to meet product goals
- Interface with internal and external customers and suppliers regarding significantly complex electrical issues for entire range of products
- Assist in defining, developing and sustaining product strategy and roadmap and business processes
- Guides projects/programs for the research and development of new technologies, as appropriate, and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated into products/services, and/or disseminated to other areas, as needed
- Provides management with updates pertaining to progress in specific projects and initiatives, and assures that information required in other functional areas is disseminated appropriately
- Reviews product alpha/beta/gamma exit requirements and contributes expertise and judgment throughout the product development process
- Within safety guidelines design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on unusually complex engineering experiments and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Collaborates to work on difficult issues that impact design and product success and/or addresses future concepts, products and technologies.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of control systems design and architecture, 3rd party compliance, and circuit design.
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous cross functional team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team’s ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Education: Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Discipline.
Years of Experience
10+ Years with at least 4-5 years of management experience