Material Control Engineering Manager
Applied Materials Automation Products Group (APG) is looking for an experienced engineering development manager to lead its Material Control development efforts. This person manages employees and/or supervisors and is accountable for the performance and results of the team. Adapts business unit or department plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures, and business unit or department plans along with guidance from their manager. Provides technical guidance to employees and colleagues.
- Develop and execute software engineering plans and manage software engineering schedules and resource allocation and budget.
- Responsible for managing project schedule and task details by utilizing project management tools such as reports, tracking charts, checklists, and project scheduling software.
- Manages allocated resources from other organizations to achieve on-time and within budget performance objectives for the project
- Provides technical leadership to team members to achieve project goals
- Interfaces and coordinates with customers to define project objectives, provide status updates and prepare for release and deployment.
- Provides engineering and business process expertise to project team and other members on various projects/issues
- Ensures that all phases of a project, program, and/or process development are documented, and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with company policies.
- Manages employees (direct reports or matrixed reports); contributes to effective performance management, employee development, and retention.
- Effectively assigns work to subordinate staff, providing for professional development in addition to maximum productivity for the area.
- Responsible for development, support, maintenance, and implementation of a large complex project/multiple medium-sized projects through a team, utilizing team leads.
- End-to-end people management responsibilities for the assigned group.
Experience and/or expertise with the following:
- Project Management
- Semiconductor equipment and material handling automation
- Software Systems Engineer (Requirements, Simulations)
- Software Product Development Life Cycle and Implementation
- Software Fundamentals (Design, CIP, Troubleshooting)
- Problem Solving
- Ergonomics Safety
- Technical Documentation
- Software Tools – Atlassian tools stack (Jira, bitbucket, confluence)
- Agile Development Methodology
- Java development including Web user interfaces
- Review business requirements and ability to perform a technical analysis of requirements and participate in the estimation process
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Develop the team to have the correct capabilities and training
- Mentoring and supporting team members
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect team members.
- Be intimately involved in the design and implementation process for all features to ensure quality is consistent and extremely high
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational, and organizational problems
- Outstanding communications skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Able to break down difficult concepts in simple ways so the audience understands
- Solid track record in building strong customer relationships
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Ability to work in a diverse and ever-changing environment
- Bachelor’s or master’s Degree
- 4-7 years of software engineering or management experience
- Knowledge of best practices and how a Material Control Systems (MCS) integrates with other software in SEMI and Display FABs
- General understanding of SEMI standards with a thorough understanding of SEMI standards E82 and E88