The role of the Senior IT Infrastructure Manager is to lead the teams responsible for managing the critical server, storage, and network infrastructure at First Interstate Bank. Effective and efficient operational support of IT Infrastructure enables critical business processes across the enterprise. This role requires a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, knowledge of Project Management principles, vendor management experience, and foster a service-oriented approach to services provided by IT Infrastructure. In addition to a strong technical background, this role also requires significant focus on personnel management and employee development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the design, installation, administration, and optimization of all on-premise servers, e.g, Windows, Unix, Linux, Citrix etc… and components to achieve high performance of the various business applications
- Experience with virtualization technologies associated with application, desktop, server, network, and storage
- Ensures the availability of client/server applications, proper configuration of all new implementations, and develops processes/procedures for ongoing management of the server environment
- Responsible for Data/Voice Network support, management, security, planning, implementation, physical and logical layouts, and all required documentation
- Responsible for all Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) planning and testing for IT Infrastructure
- Meet end user needs and meet all established SLA’s by ensuring the uptime, performance, resource availability, and security of all IT Infrastructure components
- Strict adherence to First Interstate Bank’s Change Management Process, as well as all controls and procedures
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure a well-defined long-term IT Infrastructure strategy is documented, and that short term decisions align with that strategy
- Responsible for contributing to the creation and management of the capital and operational budget for IT Infrastructure
- Responsible for Hardware and Software currency, as well as licensing compliance of all IT Infrastructure components
- Assists with overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with technology partners, including product and reseller teams
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across teams and lines of business are required.
- Personnel Management responsibilities for a department that includes Managers and/or Team Leaders and experienced professionals
- Ownership of short to mid-term (1-3 years) execution of functional strategy and the operational direction of the Department
- Problems faced are often complex and require extensive investigation and analysis
- Requires the ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and the ability to communicate and influence executive leadership
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field
- Ten or more years of experience in IT
- Five years of progressive leadership responsibilities
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, and influencing key stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standard processes and managing performance to achieve key metrics
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT operations teams in complex and dynamic environments requiring 24/7 support
- Attainment of relevant certifications and professional networking via involvement in industry groups
OTHER SKILLS & ABILIITIES
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to communicate a vision that inspires and motivates employees and aligns to the IT and business strategy
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent service management planning and execution skills
- Strong IT operations acumen, including cross-domain knowledge and preferably earlier career experience in an individual contributor role in IT operations.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management
- Success in leveraging both traditional practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and respond to common inquiries or complaints from bank customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Applies oral and written communication in a clear and concise manner. Uses effective communication skills in working with co-workers and internal customers. Influences others with clear explanations of facts and ideas.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Identify problems and develop solutions. Exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Demonstrate common sense and logic in day-to-day activities. Demonstrate original thinking and willingness to make decisions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.