As the Leader of Logistics Strategic Sourcing Service Delivery at Applied Materials, you will provide operational support for the Global Logistics Sourcing Organization for initiatives related to transportation and warehousing. In this role you will own and drive category management and strategic sourcing for packaging and crating. You are expected to maintain the highest level of partnership, innovation, efficiency, and compliance supporting the companies’ mission to “Make Possible”.
Global General Procurement (G2P) is a Global support organization, procuring the goods, services and contingent workforce required for Applied Materials to run the company and enable our employees to support our customers.
You will lead the client relationship management aspect and team engagement of the commodities you oversee. In this capacity you will consolidate the commodity-based strategies into a cohesive category-based strategy working with executive leadership. You will help to solve high value problems for our clients related to engagement with suppliers, contracts, scope of work development and spend aggregation across the enterprise as well as scaling these solutions for Applied.
- Lead a Sourcing and buying team to support global Logistics. Develop a team to support various operational Procurment functions for Warehousing and Transportation CBMs as well as a team to drive Packaging and Crating categories.
- Teams in your charge will execute various aspects of the sourcing process, from spend management, opportunity assessments, category strategy, contracts, negotiations & RFx/vendor evaluation/selection, supplier performance/relationship management.
- Help drive the transformation of Sourcing value proposition through training, hiring, development of staff and implementation of best practices.
- Partner with stakeholder leadership to develop and execute on all aspects of strategic sourcing and procurement within your commodity/category.
- Drive Client relationships at all levels, including leadership, to enable successful Sourcing partnership with the business, key stakeholders, budget owners.
- Perform make vs. buy analyses or develop other business cases to assess opportunities for supply chain optimization
- Drive significant cost savings through network optimization, competitive bidding processes, and direct negotiations
- Lead the execution and support the development and enhancement of Global category best practices, processes and standardization.
- Perform detailed spend analysis and study trends utilizing market intelligence and industry research to identify and solve potential high value problems, and continually seek new opportunities for innovation for your category.
- Partner closely with the business in the development of supplier award scenarios and recommendations for evaluation considerations and decision-making.
- Drive resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Travel will be required 20% or as appropriate for the support of your suppliers and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with executives in a matrixed organization to influence and drive change, partnership and collaborate with partners in a personable, approachable manner.
- Experience in working with outsourced service providing and managing BPO programs.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and timely manner (both verbal and written) to operate and collaborate effectively as a leader, manager and team player.
- Have exceptional customer service and people management skills.
- Experience managing people remotely and ability to leverage technology and influence appropriately in a remote and global working environment.
- Experience working on a global scale with a variety of cultures as well as coordination with global tax entities, regional financial controls and government regulations.
- Demonstrated ability and passion to dissect/solve problems with an organized, fact based, data driven, rigorous approach.
- Creative problem solver and negotiator.
- Thrive when multi-tasking and work best in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Confident managing multiple projects and timelines within deadline.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Resourceful with a strong work ethic, committed to complete and excellent execution of projects and objectives.
- Tech savvy and have a strong interest in working with technology
- 5+ years people management experience
- Experience sourcing and negotiating contracts with ocean, LTL, parcel and 3PL providers
- Self-starter with ability to create the organization to achieve enterprise vision and develop your team along the way
- Experience with international trade compliance
- Deep process orientation early, organized, and build infrastructure where none exists
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, or related field
- 10+ years experience in transportation and logistics sourcing and/or management
- Familiarity with procurement software (including systems like SAP SRM, Ariba, SAP Fieldglass, Oracle, ServiceNow, Workday Sourcing (formerly Scout RFP), approval workflows, purchasing policy development and contracts.
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills. Tableau skills highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s preferred
At Applied Materials, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to improve collaboration and partnerships with your stakeholders.
Years of Experience:
10 - 15 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time