General Profile: Fully demonstrates in-depth knowledge and experience. Assigned as a resource for colleagues with less experience including as a coach/mentor. Works independently, receives guidance in only moderately complex situations.
Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on chemistry related to semiconductor integration with a special focus on characterization of polymeric organic compounds. Assess viability of new chemical processes for product teams using various analytical techniques. Troubleshoot product quality issues arising from chemical processing or synthesis during scale-up process development. Feasibility testing of new chemical processes on test equipment and participation in design of test equipment. Test new chemical processes on small scale to show feasibility.
- Have solid working experience in Viscometry, Rheology, GCMS, FTIR, HPLC, GPC and other analytical techniques to characterize the properties of organic compounds.
- Have working knowledge of chemistry, chemical reactions, and chemical production.
- Have working synthesis and purification experience with organic molecules.
- Is familiar with the requirements of an analytical lab that supports production as well as R&D
- A strong background in Statistical Methods for qualifications of chemistry and instrumentation.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Acts as a Professional Expert and analytical resource for the group and guide less experienced members of the team.
- Play a leading role in establishing the analytical methods and procedures for newly formulated chemistries.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information in clear and concise manner; works to build consensus.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or Graduate Degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Applied Physics, and Materials Science and Chemical Engineering
Experience: 5+ Years for Bachelors, 3+ Years for Graduate.
Advanced HPLC knowledge and expertise will be taken into consideration.
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time