*Role open to applicants anywhere in the US and Canada*
About Applied Materials: Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions. Our products are used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
As Applied Materials rapidly grows and scales, we are committed to building the right infrastructure and providing consistent dependable support to our internal teams. In this role, you will directly impact our ability to adapt, innovate, and lead enterprise enablement initiatives and will be a part of our mission to “Make Possible.”
Applied Materials Global General Procurement (G2P) is a Global support organization that enables the purchasing of the indirect goods, services, and contingent workforce required for Applied Materials to operate smoothly and support our end customers. As G2P, we support stakeholders across the globe through Sourcing, Contracting, Category and Supplier Management, analytics, and transactional procurement. We influence spend across the following categories: IT Hardware, Software and Telecommunications, Consulting, Professional Services, Facilities, Real Estate, Equipment and Equipment Maintenance as well as Contingent Workforce.
G2P is a dynamic and agile organization in the process of significant transformation and expansion. Building an effective process and system ecosystem is CRITICAL to G2P’s growth and evolution into a strategic business-aligned enablement function. We are looking for passionate, driven, collaborative people who will be curious, ask hard questions, and challenge themselves and others. Our talented, diverse team supports Applied globally by bringing passion and urgency to solve business problems. We have fun together while achieving amazing results for Applied as a market leader in our exciting semiconductor and display industry.
As the Global Center of Excellence (COE) Leader for Global General Procurement (G2P) at Applied Materials, you will be a part of G2P’s Transformation Office and will build, implement, scale, and sustain a comprehensive system, tool, framework, process, and policy infrastructure that will support all Indirect Procurement categories. Your core responsibility will be to:
- Lead a team of systems and process leaders and subject matter experts in developing strategies, roadmaps, execution plans, and delivering results, all with the aim of elevating procurement best practices and increasing overall organizational maturity of G2P.
- Collaborate, listen to, influence, and serve a broad network of senior stakeholders inside and outside of Indirect Procurement.
- Develop and maintain an integrated roadmap, across all global regions, for tools, templates, frameworks, process, and technology.
- Be the face of COE; build and uphold a reputation for COE, as the backbone of how G2P conducts business.
- Bring industry best practices and new ideas to the team, implementing fit-for-purpose improvements.
- Attract, retain, and develop the best talent. Maintain a strong, supportive team culture with a service mentality.
- Own and execute against the COE strategic plan.
- To be successful, your role will require you to quickly:
- Join a team in the process of rapid evolution and transformation; learn, adapt, support, and fill gaps while learning to steer the ship.
- Establish strong relationships and credibility with senior stakeholders and steering committees to effectively drive and support ongoing digital and process transformation initiatives.
- Become the face of COE (technology and process transformation programs) to global stakeholders across the company.
- Clearly articulate the value, impact, and priorities of the team and garner buy-in and support to ensure success and a smoother transformation.
- Develop strong rapport and connection with our existing team; quickly become an advocate and begin to remove internal boulders and barriers.
- Collaborate deeply with Sourcing and Category Management leaders and team to ensure that COE will support, serve, and elevate G2P
- Collaborate deeply with spot buy/ tactical buying leaders and teams to ensure that COE will support, simplify, and inspire.
- Collaborate deeply with Operations team and leaders to ensure that COE will support, transform, and innovate.
- Team up across G2P’s parent function Enterprise Enablement Group (EEG), Global Contingent Workforce (GCWF), IT, Legal, Finance, HR, Corporate Communications, Policy and Audit, and other Applied teams with intersecting goals, programs, and strategies.
- Coordinate internally within G2P across regions and time zones; become an active leader in the Transformation journey.
- Develop strong perspectives on a variety of matters and be able to communicate and defend them in a clear and logical way with stakeholders and partner teams, while also expressing openness to feedback.
- Focus on Innovation - bring new ways of working, collaboration, exchanging knowledge that would enable team members across all regions to collaborate as one team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 15 years of experience in Indirect Procurement, across a variety of roles and scopes.
- Global program leadership experience involving extensive transformation, technology implementation and change management.
- A collaboration mindset and openness to new ideas coupled with intimate knowledge of established and of new, innovative procurement systems and innovations.
- The ability to be a good team player.
- Superior communication skills with the specific ability to translate and articulate broad or super technical concepts.
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills.
- Team leadership experience with a passion for developing, mentoring, supporting, and lifting up those around you. No micromanagers allowed.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing a strategy.
- Strong initiative and drive, ability to work independently and as well as drive collaboration and participation.
- Ability to influence and lead broader groups of stakeholders.
- The ability to prioritize and remain agile.
- Tenacity and the ability to navigate complex global corporate environments.
- Experience applying design and/ or user-centric thinking tools and practices to solve business problems with empathy.
- Experience working with highly technical and analytical stakeholders and collaborators.
- A history of getting things done in remote work environments.
- A positive attitude and passion for our core mission of “make possible.”
Years of Experience:
10 - 15 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time