About Applied Materials:
Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions. Our products are used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
As Applied Materials rapidly grows and scales, we are committed to building the right infrastructure and providing consistent dependable support to our internal teams. In this role, you will directly impact our ability to adapt, innovate, and lead enterprise enablement initiatives and will be a part of our mission to “Make Possible.”
About Global General Procurement (G2P):
Applied Materials Global General Procurement (G2P) is a Global support organization that enables the purchasing of the indirect goods, services, and contingent workforce required for Applied Materials to operate smoothly and support our end customers. As G2P, we support stakeholders across the globe through Sourcing, Contracting, Category and Supplier Management, analytics, and transactional procurement. We influence spend across the following categories: IT Hardware, Software and Telecommunications, Consulting, Professional Services, Facilities, Real Estate, Equipment and Equipment Maintenance as well as Contingent Workforce.
G2P is a dynamic and agile organization in the process of significant transformation and expansion. The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst directly supports our growth and evolution into a strategic business-aligned enablement function. We are looking for passionate, driven, collaborative people who will be curious, ask hard questions, and challenge themselves and others to continuously improve.
About the Role:
As the Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst for Global General Procurement (G2P) at Applied Materials, you will be part of the G2P Transformation Office and you will support many critical transformational programs across G2P’s scope of duties. You will report William Hau, G2P Analytics Lead and your core responsibilities will include:
- Lead and own procurement data and analytics initiatives specifically related, but not limited to Supply Chain Risk management, Supplier management, and project management/ tracking
- Support and build analytics for risk categories including:
- Data Privacy
- Cyber security
- Supply assurance
- Play an active role in the transformation of Procurement Risk and Supplier Management Analytics program
- Establish solid, collaborative, and fruitful relationships with key stakeholders
- Partner with 3rd party providers to bring new ideas, concepts, and expertise into the Program
- Influence G2P strategy by providing critical information to the team
- Support growing, expanding, and broadening the influence of the Procurement Analytics function
As the Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst for Global General Procurement (G2P) at Applied Materials, your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Partner with G2P Supplier Management and other AMAT teams to build risk analytics program and enable G2P to manage supplier risk
- Assess, refine, and reimagine data that is available to and leveraged by G2P
- Lead improvement of data management practices, expand data knowledge of G2P
- Connect enterprise data in new ways that provide valuable insights to G2P and Applied Materials
- Influence key strategic decisions by providing important insights to a transforming organization
- Establish and build rapport with key stakeholders. This is a stakeholder-facing role.
- Participates in the design, development and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. used to drive key business decisions.
- Manage and facilitate significant analytic initiatives in support of system strategic, operational and quality projects. Document rules and processes for business intelligence or IT reports, dashboards, change requests, projects, or other outputs; Maintain library of model documents, templates or other reusable knowledge.
- Work in collaboration with executives and operational managers, translates the business needs into analytic and reporting strategies through the development, execution and resourcing of routine and project specific plans for analytics delivery.
- Analysis and interprets business data for multiple products, aligns with other departments and provides decision making on report results.
- Decides on best business design to meet reporting needs for the organization. Works with IT to ensure correct understanding and implementation of these business needs.
- Implements new enhancements to BI, supporting additional insight into existing products and services. Ensures correct implementation from beginning to end.
- Educates & trains user community on the potential uses of the business intelligence system
- Provides customized ad-hoc reports as requested by management by extracting data from internal databases using SQL or using Business Intelligence tools. Summarizes data in business and financial terms for management, executives, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- Perform and adopt best practices in testing and reporting: usability, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. Provides Approvals/Denials for Finance of key company data.
- Research and document potential data integrity issues through the use of SQL querying or Business Intelligence tools.
Experience, Skills and Temperament:
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in supplier and risk analytics
- Strong expertise in creating data visualizations for procurement stakeholders and partners
- Knowledge of and experience in procurement, sourcing and financial processes
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- Strong business acumen and curiosity
- Ability to connect data to find creative solutions to business problems
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Ability to influence and drive outcomes in a matrixed environment.
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Open to new ideas, accepting of a broad range of solutions
- Ability to diffuse and redirect difficult conversations
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, Master’s Preferred
- Experience: 7 - 10 Years
- 2-5 years working experience working with Procurement stakeholders or within procurement-focused organizations
- Awareness and understanding of the complexity of the global risk landscape currently and how it will continue to change and evolve.
- A curious mind and the confidence to speak up and encourage out-of-the box solutions and perspectives.
- Willingness to dig in, learn, adapt, respond quickly, and support crisis management activities as they arrive
- Demonstrated success is developing and executing on a strategy
- Strong initiative and drive, ability to work independently and as well as drive collaboration and participation.
- The ability to prioritize and remain agile
- Tenacity and the ability to navigate complex global corporate environments.
- Experience applying design and/ or user-centric thinking tools and practices to solve business problems with empathy.
- A history of getting things done in remote work environments.
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills
- A positive attitude and passion for our core mission of “make possible.”
- Program management, and project leadership skills and experience
- Executive acumen and presentation skills a plus
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years