We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual to join our IT Organization as our IT Security Engineer at Zoot Enterprises. Our IT Security Engineer position within the IT Group focuses on testing, validating, and monitoring the IT Security posture. The IT Security Engineer will focus on reducing security risk, ensure compliance, and adherence to Zoot tenets.
The IT Organization within Zoot is responsible for designing, constructing and maintaining the foundational information technology systems employed by the company to do business. This includes all aspects of the live hosting environment for our proprietary software as well as the desktop environments in use for each employee.
This position will be based in our Billings or Bozeman, Montana, offices. No remote work.
Primary Job Duties
- Develop & maintain information security documentation for security testing, log reviews, vulnerability management, and testing to Zoot tenets.
- Provide oversight on the organization’s disaster recovery and business continuity plans for information systems.
- Work with system owners to review IT initiatives or implementations to reduce risk, ensure compliance, and adhere to Zoot tenets.
- Facilitate/execute internal and external vulnerability scanning, as well as, manage remediation tasks , as appropriate.
- Perform/oversee/facilitate internal security testing to align with industry best practice, against Zoot owned/managed end points, produce reports and facilitate remediation of findings to include retest.
- Oversee/facilitate the completion of external security testing by qualified third parties. Work with internal stake holders to address findings and remediation efforts.
- Perform routine security log reviews of Zoot’s assets and security programs.
- Serve as a technical security consultant to IT Governance, Management and company stakeholders by assisting employees in meeting or explaining customer security requirements.
- Engage with subject matter experts on information security regulatory compliance and work with IT Governance and compliance committee to ensure that security initiatives complement current policies.
- Track security related events or incidents, client calls, and problems through ticketing system and recommend, schedule, and manage remediation activities.
- Track billable time per client project on a monthly basis.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on-time, high-quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervision.
Required and Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Physical Security, Security Management, or related field required.
- 5+ years of work related experience required.
Competencies Critical For This Role
- Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Management of Confidential Information — Collecting, recording, organizing and sorting through sensitive information and data, ensuring only the appropriate individuals receive access to the information.
- Analytical Skills - Uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through situations or problems; able to identify and define problems, collect and analyze information, problem solve, and make decisions; extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified
- Communication (Oral/Verbal) - Demonstrates the ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; conveys and presents information appropriately for the needs of various audience groups.
- Communication (Written) - Communicates clearly and effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of various audience groups; able to get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Detail Oriented - Able to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task, while showing concern for all areas involved; follows policies and procedures to accomplish the task.
- Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Technical Learning – Able to learn new knowledge and skills that apply to one's job duties; willing and able to learn on the fly; learns quickly when facing new problems; versatile and open to change; tries different solutions to try and find the right one; able to approach situations where learning needs to occur in order to successfully complete the task, but is able to quickly learn what's needed to accomplish it.
Competencies Critical For All Roles At Zoot
- Accountability - Takes responsibility for tasks and projects as assigned; holds self and others accountable for high quality, timely, and cost-effective results; accepts responsibility for mistakes.
- Action Oriented, Initiative – Works hard every day, self-motivated; energized by both tasks expected of the role and new or challenging projects; willing to act even with minimal planning, however, doesn't act carelessly and takes responsibility for actions, whether end result is positive or negative; moves on to the next task or project without being asked or seeks out additional ways to help.
- Communication (General) – Effective with the form(s) of communication that are applicable to a given role (oral, presentation, written); able to be detailed enough to show that the right work was done, yet succinct enough to effectively communicate data, opinions, or findings.
- Critical Thinking - Uses logical, strategic, analytical, reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a given situation and possible solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems; able to think outside the box to generate possible solutions.
- Customer Focused, Service Oriented - Actively works to meet the expectations, requirements, or needs of internal and external customers; understands who their customer is; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Development Focused - Knows or is able to recognize personal strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and limits; learns from mistakes; receptive to sharing one's own shortcomings with others; is comfortable with balanced performance reviews (both positives and areas to improve) and honest professional development and career discussions.
- Driving for Results, Solutions Focused - Motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving results that align with the plan; finds ways to complete tasks or projects, even in the face of adversity, and remains optimistic and driven to the end; looks for ways to improve performance all the time.
- Integrity and Trust – Widely trusted across the organization; seen as a direct, truthful individual; maintains confidentiality as required; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent themselves or the facts for personal gain.
- Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience and ability to hear people out; able to accurately restate the opinions of others to validate understanding, even if there is disagreement.
- Mentoring - Able to effectively share knowledge and insight with others so that they can accomplish tasks, achieve goals, and enhance skills.
- Organization and Time Management - Able to manage multiple projects or tasks and adapt to changing priorities; effective and efficient with own time; able to bring resources (e.g. people, materials, processes, budget) together to get things done and uses them effectively; shows up on time and respects the time of others.
- Problem Solving – Willing to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; examines all angles and sources before developing a solution; looks beyond easy solutions and doesn't stop at the first answer; able to uncover or anticipate hidden problems; provides honest analysis, even if the answer isn't what people want to hear.
- Professionalism - Easy to approach and talk to; able to put others at ease, either naturally or due to self-awareness to adjust; warm, pleasant, and gracious; sensitive to and patient with the personalities of others; builds rapport by making people feel comfortable; works well with others; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; able to be candid with peers; solves problems in a way that minimizes negative impacts to others.
- Technical Aptitude - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to perform a job's duties at a high level of accomplishment.
- Working with Existing Tools - Able to leverage current tools, services, process, and procedures to accomplish tasks; seeks additional understanding of existing processes and procedures; finds ways to improve upon existing options before proposing or exploring new options.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position specifically requires a combination of stationary work at a computer workstation with frequent movement throughout the entire building.
- This position may also work for short periods of time outside of the building during all times of the year
Zoot Benefits Include
- Proudly based in beautiful Bozeman and Billings, Montana
- Casual Attire
- Bring Your Well Behaved Dog
- On-site Child Care Center (Bozeman)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- On-site Cafeteria (Bozeman)
- Espresso & Snack Bar (Bozeman)
- On-site Fitness Center & Fitness Classes (Bozeman)
- Private Disc Golf Course (Bozeman)
- Private Sports Park with Putting Green, Bocce, and Volleyball (Billings)
- Underground Parking (Bozeman)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(k) with Generous Company match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability (30+ hours/week employees only)
- Fun Committee and Family-Friendly Events
- Wellness Committee dedicated to Health, Mental Wellbeing, Fitness, & Nutrition
For over 30 years, Zoot Enterprises has been a global provider of advanced origination, acquisition, and decision management solutions. Our customer-centric tools and services enable Zoot's clients to add value and differentiation, while providing nimble, scalable solutions for specific business objectives. A leader in the fintech industry, Zoot provides a cloud based secure processing environment that delivers millisecond real-time decisions --accessing hundreds of cutting edge data sources to help reduce risk and increase conversions.
Headquartered in beautiful Bozeman, Montana, Zoot provides an engaging and committed culture that is passionate about our clients, our community and our people. With generous and comprehensive benefits, onsite child care, a dog-friendly office and more, Zoot can give you the “No Suits, Montana Roots” career you’ve been dreaming about.
Zoot Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at email@example.com.