The IT Systems Engineer participates and helps coordinate in the work activities of the IT systems team which encompasses:
• Designing, implementing, and supporting server and service infrastructures in datacenters/cloud.
• Assisting with the support of core enterprise applications in a Microsoft environment.
• Managing escalated tickets and high severity outages.
• Undertaking capacity planning and management.
• Executing on infrastructure related projects and initiatives.
• Proactively seeking the adoption of new technologies to increase capabilities and effectiveness.
• Four-year college degree and/or equivalent related work experience.
• Good technical knowledge and skills related to: Virtualization, Server Mgmt, Cloud Computing
• Familiarity with general server and networking concepts.
• Strong grasp of cloud technologies and concepts.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• The ability to document and diagram complex architecture
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
• Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, organized, and detail oriented
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
• Ability to pass a background check typically necessary for working in the financial industry.
Nice to Have:
• Experience with CI/CD systems, GitOps, Terraform, IaaC, Ansible, API integration, Unix administration experience
• Experience in scripting and automation (preferably PowerShell)
• Experience supporting applications such as: O365, Exchange Online, Azure, Windows Server, VMware ESXi, VDI
• Design, provision, manage, and monitor systems and infrastructure.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
• Respond appropriately to incidents based on severity.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
• Work to mature and further develop IT standards and processes.
• Research and propose new technology options and methodologies.
• Directly support asset lifecycles which includes patching, imaging, upgrading, deploying, and retiring technologies and systems.
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
• Assist in the management of IT capacity, budget, projects, and business expectations.
• Train IT Systems personnel regarding the new information as necessary.
• Continuously document existing and new systems, policies, procedures, and configurations.
• Manage and execute on infrastructure related projects and initiatives.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.