A Metadata Analyst at D.A. Davidson is a combination of several roles spanning Information Technology, Business Process Modeling and Data Governance. As Metadata Analyst, you will help establish and implement a strategic metadata framework across multiple business areas to facilitate the creation, capture, storage and cataloging capabilities. You will work in close collaboration with business Subject Matter Experts, Product Owners and IT team members to implement an extensible data model that becomes the trusted foundational reference catalog for all information objects. You will assist in the execution of a change management process and governance model to ensure the repository structure & meta data definitions are accurate, consistently applied, and remain current over time. As Metadata Analyst/Engineer, you will assist in the implementation of technologies in support of a larger enterprise data governance program. Preferred locations: Great Falls, MT or Boise, ID or Denver, CO. Will consider remote work.
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open and adaptive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive collaboration across our firm. Just as we work to improve our clients and employees’ well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our company culture and impact in our latest annual report, found here: https://dadavidson.com/2020-Annual-Report
Employee Growth, Job Qualifications, and Responsibilities
* D.A. Davidson places significant importance on career growth and employee development
* Position includes opportunities to work with cloud strategies, branding, standards, and emerging technologies
* Numerous employee training programs that include tuition credit, conferences, technical certifications, field training, and broker-dealer series licensing
* This position includes working with a global workforce and subject matter experts across many IT and business domains
* Position offers employee ownership that includes profit sharing and access to ESOP programs
* Professional culture with healthy work / life balance, along with options and technology to support working remotely
* Agile training, mentoring, and adoption across IT
* D.A. Davidson maintains an IT culture that with communities of practice and centers of excellence to broadly share knowledge and insights
* Prior experience within the Wealth Management industry is preferred, which could include working with assets under management/administration, households, custodian records, advisory programs, and master account records
* 3-5 years of experience in a metadata-related role (Data Warehousing, Data Governance, Content Management, Data Modeling)
* Experience implementing metadata management measures with quantifiable improvements
* Current working knowledge of metadata industry best practices (e.g. DAMA/EDM)
* Knowledge and experience of implementing and working with metadata technologies
* Understanding of logical data modeling and data normalization
* Understanding of meta-model and metadata management requirements
* Ability to contribute across roles and technologies when necessary
* Experience with PowerBI, SQL Report Services, Tableau, or other data reporting tools is helpful
* Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration, best practices, and follows Agile development
* Experience interpreting, modifying, and creating detailed business requirements for new integration, analysis, and business workflows.
* Experience creating data models and mapping business processes is helpful
* Working with Data Engineers to track usage and lineage of critical data assets
* Oversee maintenance of metadata artifacts and technologies
* Monitoring metadata content and where/when appropriate, resolving issues, gaps, and inconsistencies or working with business stewards to resolve problems
* Maintain set of metadata controls to ensure that data is consumable, systems of record are fit for purpose, and prioritization is given to mission-critical data
* Provide guidance to enhance metadata processes as needed
* Serve as a liaison between the Business and IT to ensure data related business requirements for protection sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and understood.
* Proactively share metadata best practices and expectations across various business groups, IT and senior leadership
* Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
* Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.