The IT Associate position performs various duties within the IT department, which include but are not limited to, physical asset inventory, Accounts Payable administrative assistance, answering the Service Desk backup queue during high call volumes, and contributing to projects that support day-to-day operations within the IT department.
* Proficient knowledge of basic computer hardware.
* Bachelor’s degree in field of specialty or equivalent IT Support experience.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge of applications, which include Microsoft Office and Microsoft operating systems.
* Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to communicate technical directions, both in person and over the phone recommended.
* Excellent customer service skills: ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
* Experience managing and organizing physical assets, imaging and provisioning of machines, and testing new hardware.
* Consistently treat others with respect and maintain professional attitude and behavior.
* Able to maintain a flexible schedule to assist with projects, inventory, and high call volumes.
* Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
* Respond, document, and escalate incidents or requests over the phone in a timely manner when call volumes are high.
* Troubleshoot and assist D.A. Davidson Companies’ employees with using their computer and computer peripherals, applications, and security credentials.
* Identify automation opportunities to efficiently provision new machines and optimize daily workflows.
* Organize and maintain physical asset inventory, including printers, desktops, laptops, and peripherals, for items received and transferred to different departments and locations.
* Assist the IT Coordinator with Accounts Payable functions.
* Lead and contribute to projects that help with day-to-day operational continuity, regulatory needs, and overall efficiencies.
* Work with management to improve personal technical proficiency, support, and customer service skills; identify and complete technical training and certifications; develop other work or career goals where progress can be tracked and discussed.
* Learn and adhere to all D. A. Davidson Companies’ policies and procedures; attend scheduled meetings or training sessions around existing or new policies and/or procedures; recommend changed to IT procedures to improve productivity and/or reduce costs.
* Adhere to and educate users of our defined cybersecurity best practices, which include credential management, phishing and malicious vigilance, and physical security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.