Applied Materials, Inc. is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Information Security threat landscape continues to remain increasingly complex and require constant vigilance to secure a large, global enterprises. Applied has an exciting opportunity to join a world-class information security team.
This position is part of the Information Security and Risk Management team and will lead efforts in managing and mitigating information security related risk activities. This position will assist information security and privacy team members and partner with HR, Legal, and Information Technology group to build and maintain processes and tools to manage enterprise risk. This position requires identifying and solving complex problems that impact the direction of a global business, including advising on risk management, employee mobility and intellectual property protection issues.
This candidate is expected to have a solid foundation in managing information security policies, have strong analytical and presentation skills, work experience in a global company, leading and managing global teams. The selected candidate will play a critical role in coordination and project management between various groups. This selected candidate will also help create corporate strategy, review policy, procedures, and training related to managing enterprise risk such as intellectual property protection, and information governance.
- Strong SaaS application security background with a focus on providing security guidance to development and application configuration teams
- Experience with threat modeling, security design reviews, security architecture, pen testing and proactive security assessments
- Experience in reviewing and developing Security Architectures and identifying security risks/gaps as well as mitigation strategies
- Proven ability to provide Security Requirements for areas including but not limited to: Cloud Computing and Applications, Application Development, identity and access management, and Infrastructure design and standards
- Knowledge of securing technologies such as, but not limited to; SaaS services (i.e., O365, Salesforce), Application Design, Container Platforms (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes), APIs, Serverless,
- Knowledge of SDLC (Waterfall/Agile), DevSecOps, and good understanding of the ITIL Framework
- Provide guidance for security control validation for team members.
- Drive continuous improvement of security control validation processes & procedures
- Identify opportunities for automation where possible to enhance security and drive implementation of technology that creates value for the organization
- Proven ability to understand large complex integrated solutions and provide the security needed between systems
- Partner with various stake holder groups to promote and build a culture of security and implement/enhance controls accordingly
- Monitor internal and external threat landscape to update strategy and intellectual property protection program roadmap
- Work with a global team to help implement and monitor security controls to proactively identify risk issues and ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all systems
- Establishes control-related process/procedures and while working towards building relevant security metrics and dashboards
- Identifies potential threats and subsequent remediation of vulnerabilities in the environment
- Review and update policies and provide training as needed to internal & external audience
- Provide periodic reports to management team and key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 6-8 years of relevant information security experience
- Prior experience in partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver impactful security initiatives
- Prior experience with threat modeling, security design reviews, and security architectural concepts
- Expertise across common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, NIST, including 800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework is preferred
- Any recognized security certifications, e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM etc.
- Working experience in a global company is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and communication skills; ability to clearly articulate and visually present complex advice to managers at all levels
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with team members from various business units/functions and countries
- Ability to work both independently and work within a team to analyze complex business problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to travel periodically
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.