Productivity Application Engineer
Job Summary and Description:
Productivity Application Engineers are responsible for optimizing scheduling automation, real-time manufacturing decisions, decision-support reporting, and line management analytics (throughput, output, cycle time, or cost).
- Provide data analysis and create advanced production reports
- Develop applications to improve production metrics
- Create and deliver presentations to technical and managerial audiences
- Identify, innovate, design, and lead continuous improvement efforts for cycle time reduction, cost reduction, and output achievement
- Optimize tool-to-tool delivery times and provides on-time delivery
- Deliver pre/post metrics to assess system enhancements and changes
- Leverage and shares best known methods (BKM’s)
- Apply industrial engineering concepts to line management, scheduling and production planning
- Automate factory processes to reduce variability and eliminate waste
- Develop, maintain, and improve scheduling and business rules
- Follow software testing cycle (Development/Beta/Production) for new software releases to ensure quality implementation
- Test and implement new patches for software applications
- Test and implement new versions or updates for software applications
- Experience with factory simulation, optimization, dispatching, and scheduling as well as mixed integer programming and linear programming
- Knowledge of change management and release management disciplines
- Working knowledge of database management methods and techniques
- Proficient in database query such as SQL, or MSSQL, or MySQL
- Working proficiency of a programming or scripting language such as VBA, Python, R, or C#, JSL, Perl, HTML, Java
- Working knowledge of data analysis platforms like Tableau, JMP, MS SSRS
- Experience using optimization and simulation tools such as Pyomo, GAMS, Julia, AutoSched, APF RTD, SmartFactory Activity Manager
- M.S. Degree in Industrial Engineering or Production Engineering or Manufacturing Science or relevant experience
- 25% domestic travel is required with some international travel on occasion.
This position is Remote in the United States.
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.