1. Utilizes routine work orders, schematics, wiring diagrams, parts and wire lists, written and/or verbal instructions to construct electro-mechanical, and pneumatic subassemblies and components.
2. Utilizes standard hand tools and fixtures connecting components or assemblies. Cuts wire to specific sizes, strips tins or binds wire parts, connect component wires and wiring harness to specified terminal points.
3. Maintains cleanliness of work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment and stock to prevent loss or injury. Details finished work by removing fingerprints, etc. and then properly packages to prevent damage in transportation or storage.
4. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training, and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety department. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
5. Performs other duties and/or completes training as required by Supervisor.
6. NOTE; Duties for this and all Assembler levels are generically defined to describe job functions with similar skill levels. Area supervision has responsibility for defining and communicating those duties which apply to specific job functions within this classification.
Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
· Has a basic understanding of how the team integrates with others
May provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
Impacts the quality of own work and its contribution to the team
Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
Education: High School Diploma/GED
High School Diploma/GED
1 - 2 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.