The Senior Insights & Analytics Analyst (IAA) at Workiva is an instrumental part in delivering analytics and insights that will drive the organization to exceeding company objectives. The role interacts with diverse business and technology customers such as Finance, Sales, IT, Marketing, Customer & Partner Experience (CPX), Executive Leadership, and Global support. The Senior IAA is a critical team member that interacts directly with customers to develop strategy, guidance, data mining, and solutions to solve critical data needs at Workiva. They are the foundation for tackling complex tasks and projects by designing and building automated reporting solutions for business needs.
- Work with existing metrics, reports, dashboards, and BI processes to support ongoing customer success and improvements
- Contribute, take ownership, and influence of defining new metrics, reports, dashboards, and BI processes to support customer initiatives
- Improve data flow between multiple systems and provide self-service tools to the customers
- Build and support advanced reporting, analysis, and data mining needs through BI data processes, SQL, BI tools, and other technologies and/or data languages
- Perform QA and data integrity and quality analysis for warehouse and other data types and contribute to documentation for the data catalog
- Participate in company initiatives and projects to support growing business needs with data based decisions
- Participate in management of data consumers and stakeholders across very diverse business groups and geographies
- Perform data set management and develop frameworks to process very large datasets via BI tools
- Take ownership of complex tasks and complete from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Participate in mentoring team and organization members
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions
- 2-3 years of previous statistics experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in data mining, SQL, etc. and using databases in business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Extensive experience using business intelligence reporting tools. (QuickSight, Tableau, Power BI, Domo, Qlikview, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of SQL query design and tuning for performance and accuracy
- Experience with Python, R, or other data relevant scripting languages preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experience in customer relationship management (CRM) tools (Salesforce, Hubspot), specifically report design, dashboard design, and custom objects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient research skills to locate market information using numerous internal and external sources of data
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Excellent planning and organizing skills to prioritize numerous projects and ensure data is delivered in an accurate and understandable manner to the end user
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $89,000 - $126,000
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.