Business analysts assist Line of Business Owners and our Enterprise Architecture team to identify, define and document business processes and business requirements to be developed for effective project implementations. They work with our Business Relationship Managers, the business and IT teams by facilitating communication and determining business requirements to align to objectives with stated and unstated business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business area(s) to be able to document needs and build high-quality requirements.
- Use a variety of techniques to understand business requirements, such as interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, and storyboards.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture to bridge the gap between business needs and delivered solutions.
- Shape business requirements by making recommendations and suggesting alternatives to proposed solutions in alignment with our Enterprise Architecture team.
- Understand business needs, wants, costs, and risks. Communicate tradeoffs to business partners and work with them to shape requirements accordingly.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into clear, detailed functional requirements.
- Work with business and delivery teams to prioritize requirements.
- Manage requirements scoping throughout the delivery process.
- Create artifacts as appropriate, including supporting information for business case documentation, scope documentation, and business process flows.
- Support delivery teams as they develop, test, and deploy solutions as required by our Quality Assurance team.
- Review delivery team output to ensure requirements are correctly interpreted; define and execute test cases.
- Assist in documentation of current processes and models to understand inefficiencies or gaps.
- Identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and provide mentorship to junior-level analysts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience).
- 3-5 years of experience in business analysis.
- Background in Financial Services is preferred.
- Business analysis certification (e.g. CBAP) is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Experience determining the explicit and implicit needs and requirements of various stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn the objectives, structures, operations and policies of a new business area.
- Strong problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage IT teams, including developers, and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Proven interpersonal skills and an ability to influence senior leaders and peers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Experience creating documentation such as business case documentation or business requirements summaries.
- Adaptability and a willingness to learn new skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,
proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.