D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open and supportive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive engagement that make our companies and each of us better. Just as we work to improve our clients’ financial well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values. You can learn more about our company culture and impact in our latest annual report.
Directly support and administer D.A. Davidson computer systems to contribute to a reliable, effective, and efficient technology environment throughout the company. The specific focus with regard to systems includes virtual/physical server and workstation infrastructures, core enterprise applications, and various ancillary technologies.
* Bachelor’s degree in field of specialty or equivalent experience.
* 1 year further experience demonstrating proactive support and management of complex computer systems in a mid-sized or large business environment.
* Proficient computer skills and knowledge related to the concepts of: scripting, backup management and monitoring, virtualization, and endpoint management.
* Familiarity with technologies such as: Active Directory, Microsoft Windows OS, Azure/O365, Microsoft Office, and VMWare virtualization.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* The ability to document and diagram complex architecture
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work successfully with a variety of personalities and various management levels.
* Ability to safely lift and carry as much as 50 pounds.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Highly self-motivated, self-directed, organized, and detail oriented
* Ability to travel as needed.
* Ability to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
* Ability to pass a background check typically necessary for working in the financial industry.
* Directly administer, support, manage, and monitor computer systems and infrastructure.
* Focus on automating suitable processes/tasks.
* Proactively and reactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
* Respond to outages and incidents appropriately based on severity.
* Support enterprise applications, operating systems, and hardware which may include provisioning, testing, license tracking, upgrading, monitoring, troubleshooting, documentation and training.
* Actively administer backup and availability implementations to ensure recovery objectives.
* Learn and adhere to all D.A. Davidson policies and procedures. Review and update specific policies where necessary.
* Assist in attaining performance goals set by management such as but not limited to maintaining uptime, generating reports, and assisting with resolution of support issues.
* Assist with and/or assume responsibility for the completion of project tasks as directed. Participate in project management related to areas of expertise. May be required to lead projects or assume significant project management roles.
* Keep current with new technology trends and solutions. Receive additional training as directed.
* Perform any other duties as assigned.