Under general direction, the Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for supporting and overseeing the planning, executing and finalizing all of the technical and project management functions with the lines of business at Heartland for major projects. In conjunction with the Director of Process Improvement, the SPM will also be responsible for developing the standards, norms, policies and procedures for the newly formed Heartland Project Management Office.
- In partnership with lines of business, prepares detailed project plans, including definition of scope, requirements, objectives, resource allocation, task schedules and milestones following the Heartland Project Methodology.
- Provides direction, prioritization and conflict resolution in managing project teams to accomplish project objectives.
- Plans, directs and coordinates Bank project activities and resources to ensure project goals are completed on time, within budget and with optimum quality.
- In partnership with lines of business, identify and validate the key business requirements for major projects to ensure that they are in line with Heartland’s vision and mission.
- Familiar with the entire scope and requirements of projects and acts as liaison between team members and Project Management Office leadership.
- Leads Project Management Office software selection process, develops key stakeholder buy-in and deploys system Heartland wide.
- Understands and analyzes the ROI of all assigned projects.
- Produces appropriate reports from the analysis.
- Leads Project Management skills assessment and coordinates Project Management training with business line leaders.
- Identifies and tracks human resources required across projects, ensuring key resources are not over committed.
- Understands and deploys latest project management methodologies, where appropriate, to build project management competency within the organization.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration/Management, Information Technology required or
- Master's Degree preferred
- 5-7 years direct experience managing complex projects, preferably in financial services required
- 5-7 years of financial services experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Demonstrated project and risk management skills including ability to manage multiple priorities, resources, customers and management with a focus on consistency and accuracy
- Extensive experience employing project management methodologies, concepts, practices and procedures
- Self-motivated with excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to work closely with multiple business lines on project design, implementation and close
- Process improvement experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management software such as MS Project, Wrike, ProWorkFlow, Workday, Crystal Reports and process mapping software, such as Blueworks, Visio, Promapp
- Project Management Professional - PMP - Project Management Institute - PMI