The Treasury Payment Solutions Strategic Account Manager is responsible for increasing revenue, expanding and maintaining an assigned Commercial Card portfolio which includes the high value card clients of Heartland Financial USA, Inc. subsidiary banks. With a primary focus on strategic sales, the Strategic Account Manager will manage retention, expand purchase volume on existing programs, provide industry best practices and utilize internal data and other benchmarking tools to identify expansion opportunities on tier 1 and 2 programs. The Strategic Account Manager will also act as the product and industry expert while working closely with Commercial Bankers, TPS Solution Consultants and Treasury Management Officers.
- Manages an assigned portfolio of high value Commercial Card clients and is responsible for expanding and retaining client relationships.
- Designs and executes business plans for tier 1 and 2 clients.
- Works with C-level executives at companies to ensure high engagement and understanding of the total value of their Commercial Card program.
- Ensures program purchase volume goals are met for tier 1 and 2 clients.
- Up-sells other commercial card products/solutions, including Visa Expense Management, Fleet Card, EAP and Integrated Payables.
- Serves as the escalation point for program owners and ensures issues are resolved by working with Product owners, the Support Team and the Technology Team.
- Facilitates the implementation of additional technology or products and ensures clients utilize these solutions to their fullest potential.
- Manages the completion of RFP responses for clients in their assigned portfolio.
- Executes a strong sales cadence in scheduling client meetings and/or client reviews.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for products and technology. Stays abreast on industry changes and the competitive landscape by actively participating in industry conferences, webinars and reading white papers.
- Provides technical demos that differentiate our products from other issuers.
- Effectively communicates with senior and executive leadership at Heartland and assigned subsidiary banks.
- Helps organize and lead client engagement initiatives, including client seminars and promotional campaigns.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This job has no management responsibilities.
- Bachelors or
- equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years combined experience of commercial card management and account management/relationship management with the ability to develop strong partnerships required
- Proven experience of sales results and enhancing the client experience
- Strong understanding of the Commercial Card industry, Accounts Payable and Purchasing processes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to conduct in-person client meetings
- Must comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements; Privacy of Customer Information Policy and consumer protection laws; regulations and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties
- Acts as an exceptional teammate while driving a culture of improvement
- Motivated to drive value to the division by having spirited competitiveness