D.A. Davidson is seeking to hire a Business Intelligence and Analytics professional preferably with prior experience in the Financial Services industry. The position will focus on developing operational reports, gathering requirements, and data analytics and strategic insights. The position will work closely with Wealth Management, Capital Markets, Asset Management, and Corporate Services to design and implement Business Analytic solutions. D.A. Davidson is willing to provide technical training to candidates that have an understanding of wealth management industry data and constructs. D.A. Davidson has a robust community of practice for data analysts.
D.A. Davidson Companies is an independent, employee-owned company with a rich history spanning more than 80 years. We are dedicated to conducting our business in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and ethics, and delivering outstanding service to our clients and each other. We support a friendly, open and adaptive culture, and encourage candid communication and productive collaboration across our firm. Just as we work to improve our clients and employees’ well-being, we also work to strengthen local communities—and giving back is one of our core values.
Employee Growth, Job Qualifications, and Responsibilities
* D.A. Davidson places significant importance on career growth and employee development
* Position includes opportunities to work with cloud strategies, branding, standards, and emerging technologies
* Numerous employee training programs that include tuition credit, conferences, technical certifications, field training, and broker-dealer series licensing
* This position includes working with a global workforce and subject matter experts across many IT and business domains
* Position offers employee ownership that includes profit sharing and access to ESOP programs
* Professional culture with healthy work / life balance, along with options and technology to support working remotely
* Agile training, mentoring, and adoption across IT
* D.A. Davidson maintains an IT culture that with communities of practice and centers of excellence to broadly share knowledge and insights
* Prior experience within the Financial Services industry is preferred, which could include working with assets under management/administration, households, custodian records, advisory programs, and master account records
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting, Information Systems or Business Intelligence
* Understanding of Data Governance and Data Assurance is helpful
* Excellent listener, communicator, collaborator and presenter
* Ability to contribute across roles and technologies when necessary
* Prior experience with PowerBI, SQL Report Services, Tableau, or other data reporting tools
* Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration, best practices, and follows Agile development
* Experience interpreting, modifying, and creating business requirements for new integration, analysis, and business workflows.
* Experience creating data models and mapping business processes is helpful
* Working with Data Engineers to transform raw and staged data into actionable and meaningful analytic solutions.
* Working with data visualization and analysis tools to build, publish and maintain data models leveraged in reporting and business analysis
* Work with the broader analyst community to gather, scope and prioritize analytic opportunities
* Working in a cross-functional team to define and clarify analytic requirements, develop implementation plans, and ensure data quality standards
* Partner closely with business users to evaluate business processes, identify analytic opportunities and assist in validation and end-user training when necessary.
* Assist with cloud adoption and migrations
* Identifying key business metrics and developing dashboards and reports to better the understanding of business performance, key trend indicators, and identify opportunities and risks
* Participating as a senior member in a Data Analyst Community of Practice and contributing to the Data Analyst Center of Excellence
* Work with IT and stakeholders to expand data sets, transform data, publish and present business intelligence, while following Agile development methodology
* Establishing and maintaining strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships to coordinate priorities and company-wide objectives
* Maintain a strong understanding of the Broker-Dealer / Wealth Management Industry
* Documenting data requirements and evaluating complex business problems to present actionable analytic recommendations
* Acting as a liaison between IT, Data Governance and Assurance and senior managers
* Coordinate with data service providers and platforms to enhance data processing and data usage
* Performing ad-hoc reporting and analysis when necessary