Zoot's Solutions Lab is looking for a driven and ambitions individual to join the team in a dual role as a Quality Assurance Analyst/Solutions Developer. This dual position is responsible for developing and supporting the planning, design, and execution of test plans and test scripts, and adhering to Zoot’s Testing and QA processes. The Solutions Developer responsibilities of this position include analyzing user requirements to create designs, generate test plans, develop, test, and implement solutions, as well as providing on-going support and maintenance within Zoot's core WebRules tool.
The Zoot Solutions Lab is tasked with using Zoot’s tools to explore the development of applications and services to break into new areas of financial services processing as well as new industries in general. This role reports to the Vice President of ZSL and shares in responsibility for delivering real-world solutions to paying customers.
This position will be based in our Billings or Bozeman, Montana, offices. No remote work.
What you're be doing as a Quality Assurance Analyst/Solutions Developer
- Understand and adhere to Zoot’s testing and quality assurance processes.
- Use Zoot Tools and Services to develop and maintain client software in accordance with client specifications, capabilities, best practices, design patterns, and microservices.
- Perform unit, integration, and end-to-end testing to verify code meets specifications and requirements.
- Understand Zoot Capabilities and supported platform types in order to support the project team, Service Desk, and the client.
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques.
- Develop an understanding of Zoot systems components and dependencies, to ensure that project code is fully integrated with other aspects of a platform.
- Work with team to ensure high quality and timely releases.
- Review and understand requirement specifications.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases that tie back to requirements specifications
- Prioritize, plan, and execute testing activities.
- Identify, thoroughly document, and track defects.
- Work with clients during their user acceptance testing efforts.
- Continually support platforms through production.
- Compliance with and knowledge of Zoot’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Business Conduct, and Employee Agreement.
- Achieve a service-focused culture with emphasis on delivering on time, high quality solutions to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned – it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skillset, and Experience
- Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Finance, or related field.
- Previous experience and knowledge in developing and maintaining Quality Assurance policies is preferred.
- Previous experience utilizing JIRA preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- All positions at Zoot require the ability to move about inside an office environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery and frequently communicates with other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors.
- This position will take place primarily in an office setting and requires a long period of sitting at a computer work station.
- This position will not be required to travel.
- The Solutions Developer position is fast paced and ever changing, requiring flexibility, self-initiative, and regular management of changing priorities.
- Occasional nighttime and weekend work is required within the position.